* Click on column header for sort them
The purpose of any Learning & Development (L&D) department must be to maximize value. How close does your L&D Department come to realizing this? Does your L&D department understand the critical differences in people contribution required to deliver your organization’s strategic goals? After all, only human capital and managerial/leadership leverage can deliver sustainable value and competitive advantage. The premise of this course is that L&D’s role is to develop people capability at an optimal cost whilst delivering an internal customer experience that supports the organization as a premium brand employer.
L&D departments must deliver value. Maximizing such value depends upon correct diagnosis of need, top class design and focused delivery. This means executing interventions which support business value creation and no others, fit for purpose design that eliminates unnecessary duplication and cost – that is efficiently organized – and close to customers and their needs. This course emphasizes that L&D personnel should clearly understand strategic organizational priorities and that demand for training and development interventions should be aligned to these priorities.
Attending the Optimizing L&D course will enable the participants to:
- Identify the principal methods for successfully creating a L&D strategy
- Assess your organization’s readiness for such a strategy
- Collaborate with others to successfully implement and monitor planned changes
- Manage resistance to the change
- Process and evaluate and align department objectives with organizational vision and strategies
- Transform your organization’s approach to L&D. Specifically:
- how to (re)structure the department to create an integrated business-driven approach?
- how to systematically extend and improve your product offerings and infrastructure?
- how to (re)brand the department?
- how to measure the impact L&D has in the organization?
This seminar is designed for all HR and L&D professionals who wish to be able to develop and implement a strategy to enhance organizational performance.
This practical and results-oriented programme is based on adult learning concept. Designed as an intensive training, and knowledge sharing exercise, where group work and role play facilitates learning. Through a set of lectures and practical exercises, delegates will be introduced to the advanced knowledge working in a strategic L&D department. Participants will learn through active participation, discussions, video materials. Practical cases and examples illustrate the variety of current L&D practices that build people capabilities for delegates.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training and measure the skill and ability of participants.
Module 1 -Creating an Integrated, Business Driven L&D Approach
- Introduction to managing for value from a L&D perspective
- Latest trends in L&D that improve training outcomes, product offerings and, at the same time, deliver organizational capabilities
- Understanding training needs and what to do with them
- The Strategic Diagnosis Model – an analysis tool that supports L&D strategies, planning process and set priorities to ensure L&D does maximize business value
Module 2 - Prioritizing L&D Interventions
- What changes in the way people think or behave in the organization would make a big difference to business performance?
- What differences in behavior, skills or attitude would people be showing?
- What organizational or business changes exist which will change these requirements?
- What new products or services should be planned?
- What are potential interventions required for compliance/customer service and business growth?
Module 3 - Creating the L&D Structure and the Business Relationship Role
Module 4 - Key Steps to Achieving the Right L&D Culture and Competency Framework
- Optimizing L&D’s internal human capabilities
- Updating the internal performance development process and management reporting
- Updating the internal L&D competency framework
- Ensuring all L&D personnel have a personal development plan
- ‘Engagement Workshops’ and ‘Lunch and Learn’ concepts that deliver value
Module 5 - Engaging the Business and eLearning
- Gaining entry and contracting with business units
- Diagnosis and evaluation suggestions of interventions
- Program design/redesign and L&D delivery
- Overview of the latest eLearning successes and failures
- Innovations in blended learning
- Linking eLearning to building competitive advantage and benefits required
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them