* Click on column header for sort them
Geneva - Switzerland ,
06 - Dec - 2021
5 - Day
Job Evaluation and Job analysis are key tools for Effective People Management. Either using the tools yourself or evaluating the results produced – gives the organization important information on how jobs sit, relative to each other. This will give a structure to compare different jobs, such as a ‘Site Engineer’ with an ‘IT Network specialist’. You can create an internal hierarchy of jobs, based on systematic evaluation and not opinion and prejudice.
On this training course, we look at how to establish and manage a framework for job analysis, understanding all the roles in an organization and describing them through job profiles or job descriptions. This will allow you to develop a suitable grade and salary structure that supports the needs of the organization. Having an effective job evaluation & analysis system in place can ensure that employees are appropriately rewarded for having the skills and knowledge the business really needs.
The Effective Job Evaluation & Analysis training course will provide you with key job analysis tools and provide a detailed familiarisation with job evaluation, including an introduction to the most commonly used best-practice approaches.
- What is Job Evaluation and why is it useful?
- What is Job analysis and why is it helpful?
- Apply the basic principles of job analysis and evaluation
- Write clear job descriptions based on thorough job analysis
- Endorse the importance of job evaluation
- Effective administration of job evaluation systems
- Consider what job analysis and job evaluation is in practice
- Explore a range of job analysis and job evaluation tools and techniques to achieve the best outcome
- Identify the practical steps necessary for effective implementation
- Create a plan for long-term delivery of a job evaluation approach.
- Explore current approaches and look at possible scenarios for the future
- HR Professionals and others working in support roles in HR
- Professionals working in the personnel management or training sectors
- Line managers who want to develop their understanding of Employee Relations issues
- Line managers who want to maximize Performance Management Techniques
- Compensation and benefits specialists
- Anyone wishing to develop a career in personnel management and employee development
The Effective Job Evaluation & Analysis training course will be delivered in an interactive style, using group discussions and case studies, questionnaires and practical exercises. There will also be the opportunity to discuss individual issues on a one-to-one basis with the facilitator.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
Module 1 - An introduction to job analysis and job evaluation
- What is job analysis and how can it help?
- What is job evaluation and how can it help?
- Links to the organizations reward management strategy
- Balancing HR and line management responsibilities
- The role of the job analyst
- Understanding Performance Management
Module 2 - Job Evaluation Techniques
- Different approaches to job evaluation
- Analytical and non-analytical schemes
- Market-based evaluation
- Points rating
- Factor comparison
- Job ranking
- Internal benchmarking
- Building in quality checks
- Using Job Evaluation techniques for creating Job Families and Pay Structures
Module 3 - Job Analysis Techniques
- Examining different approaches to analyzing job roles
- Sources of job information
- Producing effective Job Descriptions and other documentation
- Face to face or desk-based analysis?
- Benchmarking job roles
- Identifying criteria for job analysis
- Conducting a job analysis interview
- Using Job Analysis to aid Recruitment, Selection and Talent Development
Module 4 - Effective Implementation of Job Evaluation
- Practical considerations in implementation
- Job Evaluation Case study
- Creating scheme guidelines
- What and how to communicate
- Dealing with appeals
- Deciding on whether to protect salary
- Maintaining employee motivation
- Longer term pay progression
- Dealing with requests for re-grades
- Using Job Evaluation to test Equal Pay claims in the organization
Module 5 - Embedding Job Analysis Long Term
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them