* Click on column header for sort them
Dubai - UAE ,
21 - Nov - 2021
5 - Day
Online - Virtual ,
07 - Dec - 2021
2 Hrs X 8 Sessions
Human capital is the key to success in organizations. Therefore identifying and hiring the best people is critical to this process. Competency Based-Interviews increase significantly the chances of identifying the real potential of candidates and the value they could add to your business.
Competency-Based Interview allows you to understand and evaluate the applicants’ real experience. The focus is on what they HAVE done, not what they would do in a given situation. This course will give you the skills and practical experience through role plays and assessment criteria to ensure you select the right type of people for your organization.
The important features of the Certified Competency-Based Interview Professionalism training course are:
- Learn how to assess behaviors in an interview
- Design objective marking criteria to assess candidates
- Create situational questions that probe real behaviors
- Ensure you select the right fit of candidate
- Eliminate or reduce recruitment errors
By attending this highly interactive training course, delegates will:
- Understand what a Competency Based Interview is
- Be able to identify the competencies and behavior they would like to test in the interview
- Write excellent Competency Based Questions that really test out applicants
- Know how to probe applicants to achieve a deeper level of knowledge and understanding
- Have the opportunity to undertake practice Competency Based Interviews and receive constructive feedback.
The Certified Competency-Based Interview Professionalism training course is beneficial to a wide range of professions including, but not limited to:
- HR & Recruitment Professionals
- Hiring Team Members
- Department Managers & Supervisors
- Team Leaders
- Those with responsibility for interviewing and selection of employees
This practical and results-oriented training course is based on adult learning concept. It incorporates short inspiring lectures with structured lessons from the learning manual; captivating PowerPoint slides with videos to enhance learning; ongoing discussions with action planning; ample time for Q&A; training activities to reinforce key concepts within a fun learning environment.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
Module 1 - What is a Competency Based Interview?
- What is a competency-based interview?
- How are they different from other forms of interviewing?
- What is their validity in predicting performance?
- Identifying the competencies you want to test
- Developing competency based activities alongside the interview
Module 2 -Developing Competency Based Questions
- What makes a great competency-based question?
- Practice in writing competency based questions
- Drafting guide answers for competency based questions
- Developing effective marking guides
- Using the STAR approach to probe answer in a competency-based interview
Module 3 - Practical Elements of Competency Based Interviews
- Making notes and producing an audit trail
- Scoring answers and making the selection decision
- Interview set up and conclusion
- Giving applicants feedback
- Preparing applicants for competency-based interviews.
Module 4 - Practical Interviewing
- Practice in delivering competency based interviews
- Testing the clarity and validity of competency based questions
- Practice using the STAR approach to probing answers
- Making notes and giving feedback in real time
Module 5 -Competency Based Assessment Centre Design
- Opportunities for testing competencies in other ways
- Designing innovative and practical competency tests
- Developing “in tray” exercises
- Validating the tests
- Developing scoring systems
- Training the assessors
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them