* Click on column header for sort them
This program is designed to help Middle Associates to review and develop their current and future management skills including allocating and delegating work, managing juniors’ development and performance, motivating juniors/trainees, and successfully managing upwards. This program will boost your career as a senior attorney.
Designed by lawyers for law firms and in-house legal departments, this is an interactive online group course of five sessions of up to 1.75 hours each week and one optional 1:1 60-minute coaching session within one month after session 5.
The program has been designed to enable Middle Associates to make lasting improvements based on an exploration of:
- Your current style of managing or directing others
- How to motivate and get the best from teams
- How to adapt your management style for a range of situations
- Delegate work to get results and to generate motivation and learning
- Review performance/give feedback to ensure learning and improvement
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is tailor-made for middle associates, 3-5 years of post qualified experience, who wish to work together to share experiences and to develop personal organization and communication skills. The content is designed to avoid any need to disclose confidential information.
This online program is highly flexible and will be created to match your own pace and working style. This course allows you to participate without the need for travel. It uses the latest online technology. Full instructions will be given to facilitate easy access. You will receive PowerPoint slides and a recording of each session. Each session is available to download for one month after the original session. Once downloaded, however, you can keep and review the content, at your leisure, as often as you like.
This program is led by Niall Foster, a highly experienced professional skills trainer, well versed in the ways of online group work. At each session, Niall will be joined by contributors who will add their perspectives and experience.
- Complete online questionnaire ‘Belbin or Bolton & Bolton Team Roles’
- Planning meeting with your supervising associate or partner
Session 1 – Current & Future Management Concerns
- Exploring participants’ program aims
- Understanding the people management responsibilities of associates
- Principles and approaches to managing people
- Practical management exercises
Session 2 – Generating Thinking in a Team
- Communicating as a manager
- Management styles – expanding your range
- Delegation – how to do it well and make it work for you
Session 3 – Managing Development & Performance
- Performance and motivation in high performing teams
- Managing ongoing performance
- Giving feedback that makes a difference
Session 4 – Confidence in Communicating
- Assessment of current impact/motivation of junior and middle associates, secretaries, trainees, and paralegals
- Creating an environment in which junior associates can excel
- Assessment of current and potential impact on clients
Session 5 – Influencing Stakeholders
- Being proactive in relation to work-life balance and career development
- Contributing effectively to projects and project management
- Prepare for your meeting with your supervising associate or partner