* Click on column header for sort them
Designed by lawyers for law firms and in-house legal departments, this is an interactive 1:1 coaching programme of a total of 12 hours coaching time over 6 months. The program, run in association with BCKR, is totally bespoke, tailored to your needs and allocated in a way that suits your calendar. It gives you the opportunity to work with a carefully selected executive coach who is both qualified and experienced at working at senior levels.
Accelerate – work with a coach 1:1.
Evaluate – identify the type of role(s) you want and what you can offer in your next career.
Review – support with updating your CV and LinkedIn profile.
Success – support with handling interviews and onboarding.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This program is designed for Partners in law firms who are coming towards the end of their careers and looking to create the best value from their knowledge and experience.
This online program is highly flexible and will be created to match your own pace and working style. It uses the latest online technology. Full instructions will be given to facilitate easy access. You will receive PowerPoint slides and a recording of each session. Each session is available to download for one month after the original session. Once downloaded, however, you can keep and review the content, at your leisure, as often as you like.
This course is led by Niall Foster, a highly experienced professional skills trainer, well versed in the ways of on-line group work. Niall will be joined by City of London contributors who will add their perspective and experience.
BENEFITS TO YOU
- A dedicated executive coach with 12 hours of 1:1 coaching over six months.
- A specially created personal collateral file as an aide memoire in interviews.
- Help you make decisions and support with preparation to assist you realise your ‘next career’ objectives.
- Myers Briggs (MBTI) personality profile that gives you a description of who you are and why you do the things the way you do.
- Support with online rebranding to promote your new post legal, portfolio career, and associated job or consulting work searches, applications and interviews.
- Access to the advertised and unadvertised job markets.
- CV and cover letter preparation for each role applied for.
- Support with Interview preparation.
BENEFITS TO YOUR FIRM
- Enthuse partners to work positively towards proactively managing their career.
- Send a positive message to associates by creating a culture of individual care that permeates your firm.
- Motivate employees to be ‘ambassadors’ for your firm.
- Ensure effective succession planning/client retention.
Sir Rupert Dewey
Rupert retired as founder of Dewey & Co. in 2006. The company, with a staff of 12 and highly qualified assistants and paralegals, had gained an enviable reputation for dealing in large residential and commercial property transactions. He acquired Rustic Garden Supplies Limited in 2006 and supplied garden centres, Marks & Spencer and Waitrose with planter pots, basket ware and accessories. Rupert sold the company to a Jersey based company in 2016 and stayed on as a non-executive director till 2018.
Niall Foster started working with Rupert in 2018 to help him acquire new non-executive roles. He secures roles with Martello Tower Holdings Limited and Avington Nurseries. In 2020 Rupert created Rupert Dewey Garden Design that provides a complete service from garden surveys and professional layout plans to landscape garden commissioning and plant purchasing.