* Click on column header for sort them
Dubai - UAE ,
27 - Nov - 2023
5 - Day
Online - Virtual ,
11 - Dec - 2023
2 Hrs X 8 Sessions
The role of Administrators and Secretaries require many of the same skills as senior staff in an organisation. They are the persons in charge of the organisation’s correspondence, and are very often the first point of contact for visitors. Therefore, they must display a highly professional image at all times.
This training course provides Administrators and Secretaries the skills to perfect their interpersonal and behavioral skills, to ensure they stay in control and on top of their responsibilities. Participants will be able to return to the workplace with the skills, knowledge and behavior to organise themselves more efficiently and to handle all the situations effectively, positively and confidently.
The important features of Enhancing core skills for administrators and secretaries are :
- A clear understanding of what makes a good Administrator or Secretary
- The ability to plan and prioritise time and activities
- Effective communication skills to deal successfully with colleagues and customers
- Practical skills and knowledge to improve the overall administration
- Understand the importance of effective administration skills within an organisation
- Develop the skills needed to be an administrator or professional secretary
- Manage time efficiently and be able to think proactively
- Enhance communication and interpersonal skills
- Develop self-management and deal with time wasters
- Understand how to be assertive and build a good rapport with your manager
- Employ a proactive role in handling job responsibilities within a team environment
- Administrators and Secretaries who want to focus on their role, responsibilities and challenges
- Support staff who aspire to become administrators
- Those who perform the tasks within an Administrative or Secretarial position, wishing to improve their skills
The Enhancing Core Skills for Administrators and Secretaries training course is structured using a combination of interactive activities, group and individual exercises, role-plays and discussions. Participants will assess personal talents and areas of improvement and will devise improvement plans accordingly. They will come up with their own strategies to overcome real-life scenarios and will be given the chance to challenge and defend findings.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
Module 1 - Effective Time Management
- Understanding the importance of time management
- Controlling, prioritizing and organizing your work
- Coping with large tasks
- Ensuring the safety and efficiency of your work environment
- Basic project management
- Taking control
Module2 - Improving Communication Skills
- Why are communication skills so important?
- Understanding the different means of communication in business
- Using vocabulary that works
- Writing effectively
- Improving listening skills
- Being aware of the barriers to good communication
Module 3 - Assertiveness Skills
- What is assertiveness and why is it important?
- Developing confidence in order to use assertiveness skills
- Understanding gender differences
- Practical advice to using assertiveness skills in your work environment
- Coping with stress
Module 4 -Successfully Working with Managers and Colleagues
- Why is this important?
- Learning ways to manage your manager
- Coping with different personalities and working styles
- Understanding your own strengths and areas for improvement
- Learning to delegate effectively
Module 5 - Organising and Planning for Superior Performance
- Setting challenging performance goals
- Putting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to work
- Utilising planning strategies and forward thinking
- Prioritizing objectives
- Personal action planning
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them