* Click on column header for sort them
Organizations that want to shift their competitive positioning face the difficult task of developing a leadership and management style that reflects the organization’s vision and helps managers achieve that vision. Organisations that pursue excellence and achieve it are often those that build a sense of “community” or positive team atmosphere. Brainstorming and problem solving is a natural process. Problem solving is best done with a proven process. Proper brainstorming and problem solving are techniques to reverse engineer any situation, identify the cause(s) of a problem, resolve it, and prevent it from occurring again. This saves your organization time, money, and resources.
This training course will look at how professionals with a clear understanding of the importance of effective working well with others to create a high-performing team that realizes the importance of continuous improvement, being a solution-seeker vs. a problem-solver and knowing that collaboration is a vital resource. This course introduces delegates to proven models to separate causes from symptoms; develop a range of potential solutions; walk through a plan to implement and test these solutions and measure the results. In today’s turbulent business environment, it’s not enough to do things differently. We must do different things.
The 10-day Team Management & Innovation Masterclass consists of two modules which can be taken as a 10 Day Training course, or as individual, 5 Day courses
Module 1 – Mastering People Management & Team Leadership
Module 2 – Brainstorming, Creative Thinking, Innovation and Problem Solving
The 10-day Team Management & Innovation Masterclass is based on accomplishing the following objectives:
- Understand their own role
- Establish clear objectives and standards of performance for your team
- Manage workload using effective prioritisation and delegation techniques
- Maximise influencing skills
- Build an effective and motivated team
- Develop and leverage the capabilities of team members
- Understand the role of brainstorming and creativity thinking and its use to solve problems
- Develop brainstorming and creative problem-solving habits and apply these to decision making
- Understand that every problem has one or more cause(s) that can be identified
- Leverage the latest strategies and methodologies for identifying and generating win/win innovative outcomes
- Link innovation to performance and establish critical measurement tools to prove your success
- Understand individual creative talents and skills as a starting point for greater creative contribution in the workplace
The 10-day Team Management & Innovation Masterclass is designed for:
- Professionals and Team Leaders who are looking to progress to the next level
- Personnel interested in learning new management approaches and techniques
- Team Leaders, Supervisors and Professionals new to the role
- All employees interested in creating a culture that embraces creativity and its role in strengthening decision making.
- Anyone interested in understanding how to identify the real causes of problems faced by their organization and solve them permanently.
Our highly practical experiential learning method is results-oriented; based on an adult learning concept. This training course uses a range of approaches to learning, including experiential group activities, individual exercises, mini-case studies, role plays and syndicate discussions. Formal inputs are used to introduce underpinning theory. A key part of the learning process is sharing the differing experiences participants bring, as well as experimenting with novel – and sometimes challenging – techniques. The course will reinforce key concepts within an inspiring and engaging learning environment.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training and measure the skill and ability of participants.
COURSE CONTENTS - MODULE 1
Day 1 - Understanding Own Role
- Leader or manager? Why does it matter?
- Emotional Intelligence and its role in leadership
- Balancing conflicting stakeholder demands
- Linking management to strategy
Day 2 - Personal Effectiveness, Time Management and Delegation
- Understanding yourself and your organisational environment
- Outcome orientation
- Setting personal and team objectives
- Finding and using time effectively
- A model for effective delegation
- Motivation and reward: busting the myths
- Attracting and retaining talent
- Talent management
- Performance frameworks
- Dealing with disciplinary issues
Day 4 - Building and Motivating Your Team
- How high-performing teams work
- Identifying team roles
- Teams in practice: teambuilding exercise
- Building and sharing a vision for the team
- Different approaches to leadership
Day 5 - Enhancing Team Performance through Coaching & Development
- Coaching for personal and team growth
- Feedback skills
- Linking delegation and development
- Development planning
- Next steps
COURSE CONTENTS - MODULE 2
Module - The Anatomy of Brainstorming
Module 7 - Applying Brainstorming
Module 8 - Innovative Problem Solving
Module 9 - Unleashing the Innovative Genius Inside You and Others
Module 10 - Approaches to Decision Making and Activating Creativity/Brainstorming
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them