On Day One we look at the business context, establish direction and set flexible team and individual goals
- Identify the requirements of leadership at various stages in the team’s development
- Communicate the business and organizational “context” for your team
- Communicate a “tangible” – that is, concrete and actionable – corporate vision
- Understand the need for outcome-based goals and objectives
- Develop outcomes – i.e. goals and objectives – that are specific, clear and flexible
- Learn how to establish outcomes in times of uncertainty
- Overview the 10 key competencies for team leadership
Any organization which wishes to shift its competitive positioning faces the difficult task of developing a management and leadership style that reflects the organization’s vision and helps all personnel achieve that vision. Leading a function’s performance is not just a set of behaviors that you apply the same way in all situations. Rather, it is the ability to assess an environment – and its people – and choose the right skills and applications for the specific situation.
The first step in this process is equipping managers with the key skills of team leadership for the current business and organizational environment. This course offers both traditional leadership skills such as setting direction, communication, and feedback. It, also, offers leadership skills geared more directly to the current environment such as change management and coaching.