* Click on column header for sort them
Dubai - UAE ,
14 - Nov - 2021
5 - Day
Online - Virtual ,
06 - Dec - 2021
2 Hrs X 8 Sessions
Oil and Gas companies run in dynamic & complex situations, where they have constant challenges in supply and demand. Pandemics like COVID-19 can play substantial trouble to the reliable supply of products and services within the oil and gas value chain. Hence, setting a robust procurement and supply chain strategies will help Oil and Gas organisations to reduce the impact of such events. It will also accelerate streamlining processes, increasing efficiency, sustainability, and achieving business value. Thoughtfully designed procurement and supply chain strategies can reduce operating cost while improving quality and productivity.
This program discovers the key concepts of strategic procurement & supply management needed to implement efficient processes and methods successfully. It will help participants establish the mission, vision, and knowledge required to design and implement their procurement & supply strategies. They also learn critical techniques in controlling cost, optimise time and the movement of goods and materials.
Oil & Gas Procurement & Supply Chain Management training course is based on accomplishing the following objectives:
- Enhanced E&P procurement professionals’ core competencies
- Business drivers and interface issues to be supported by procurement
- The role of industry economics in dictating procurement good practices in cost management
- Industry global compliance needs and how procurement can add value
- How the industry is modeled in the E&P (upstream), midstream, and downstream value chains
- Characteristics of supply markets to oil and gas and the emphasis on market intelligence practices and managing supply risks
- What constitutes effective procurement/supply chain metrics for performance improvement
- Understand how to anticipate and mitigate procurement contract risks
This training course is designed for a wide range of professionals include:
- Purchasing and contract management professionals
- Project, Engineering, Operational, and Maintenance, personnel who are involved in the planning, and execution of purchases and contracts
- Senior Supply Chain Managers and Executives are looking at thought leadership of their own supply chain.
- Those wanting to create action within the supply chain to increase value and reduce cost
This practical and results-oriented Oil & Gas Procurement & Supply Chain Management training course is based on adult learning concept. It will be presented using a combination of interactive presentations, case studies, participant activities and exercises to maximise the impact of the learning experience. Delegates will have ample time to consider the ideas and apply the skills discussed.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training and measure the skill and ability of participants.
Module 1 - Defining Strategic Procurement in the Oil and Gas Industry
- What is World Class Procurement and Supply Management?
- Industry overview for procurement including host country and strategic relationships
- The elements of procurement management in Oil & Gas industry.
- Procurement management: the golden line in Oil & Gas industry.
- Oil and Gas Value Chain Management
- Procurement’s role in oil and gas value chain management – upstream, midstream, and downstream
- Economics of oil and gas that drive procurement value creation
- Industry market intelligence practices in procurement
- Trends in global sourcing and local content requirements
Module 2 - Continuous Improvement Strategies & Cost Optimisation
- Creating industry category management (sector) strategies
- Key business drivers and interface issues between projects (CAPEX) and operations (OPEX)
- Driving Down Prices Through Cost/Price Analysis
- Determining & Tracking Cost Drivers
- Cost Containment
- Supplier Collaboration Technologies
- Improving the Purchasing of Maintenance, Repair, Operating (MRO)
- Category Management Strategies
- Global Procurement Contract Risks
Module 3 - Supplier Collaboration and Relationship Management
- Industry regulatory and contractor safety compliance issues
- The Importance of Strategic Supplier Relationships
- Supplier Collaboration Best Practices
- Creating and Maintaining Dynamic and Meaningful SLAs
- Supplier Relationships – The Total Management Process
- How to get Best and Sustained Value from Suppliers and Contractors
- Oil and gas law and global contracting risks
Module 4 - Procurement Annual Materials Operational Planning
- Setting Annual Procurement Objectives
- Industry spend analysis characteristics and strategies
- Conducting Procurement Operations Related Situation Analyses
- Materials Classification Methods for Planning and Control Purpose
- Crafting Procurement Annual Plan & Programs
- Preparing Procurement Annual Budgets
- Case study
Module 5 - Strategic Contract Negotiations
- Understanding Key Components of a Commercial Contract
- Preparing for a Win-Win Negotiation
- Dealing with Difficult Suppliers
- The Importance of Collaborative, Competitive and Dynamic Negotiations
- Know When and How to Renegotiate a Contract
- Key procurement and supplier performance metrics
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them