* Click on column header for sort them
Accra - Ghana ,
27 - Feb - 2023
5 - Day
Online - Virtual ,
13 - Mar - 2023
2 Hrs X 8 Sessions
High-quality management & leadership skills contribute immensely to the improved effectiveness of organizations. However, organizations in both the public and private sectors are facing changes driven by political, economic, sociological, technological, legal and environmental issues. In order to successfully meet these challenges, organizations need to ensure that their managers and leaders at all levels have a comprehensive understanding of their roles, goals and required competencies.
The Mastering Strategic Management Skills training course is designed to meet the demands of current and future leaders. Delegates will be given the opportunity to examine their personal style of management and team leadership through a variety of self-evaluation models, tools and profiling instruments. We will uncover the building blocks to mastering world-class management and leadership capability, whilst exploring the factors which contribute to making a truly high performing team. This training course will also act as the catalyst for developing the behaviors of the motivational manager and inspirational leader that exists within all participating delegates. These qualities and skills once practiced, will provide the basis for delivering measurable progress and improvements in the delegate’s professional career.
The important features of the Mastering Strategic Management Skills training course are:
- Providing the opportunity for delegates to identify their preferred management & leadership styles and explore the consequences of mastering these preferred styles
- Undertaking comprehensive case study reviews of current day and historical leaders in industry and public life who have truly mastered their craft both personally and professionally
- Exploring the concept of varying team roles and analyze the benefits of applying ‘conscious bias’ in the construction of their own teamsIdentify and develop approaches for supporting self and others during organisational change
Upon successful completion of the Mastering Strategic Management Skills training course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the key differences between ‘Management’ and ‘Leadership’
- Develop a personal strategy to get the most of people through more appropriate delegation of tasks and control of team behaviors
- Define in an open and safe environment their personal strengths and allowable weaknesses
- Identify behavioral preferences, through the completion of various interpersonal questionnaires and profiling tools.
- Explore methods and strategies that will enhance aspects of and capitalize on their personality and charisma
- Express competence in dealing with a wide variety of challenging people
- Recognise the complex process of communication in order to achieve both personal and company goals
- Produce a ‘competency-based action plan’ highlighting the key area’s for future success, with timelines and a criteria for measurement
The Mastering Strategic Management Skills training course is suitable for a wide range of audience, especially:
- Key personnel who have a professional responsibility for managing and leading in the workplace
- Professionals occupied in Procurement, Engineering, Construction, Human Resources, Learning & Development, Operations, Maintenance or Finance
- Individuals who are technically competent or subject matter experts who wish to further develop the ‘People Management’ aspect of their job role.
- Those who are responsible for delivering success through the efforts and actions of others.
In this Mastering Strategic Management Skills training course, delegates will explore and master skills, techniques and best current practice through a variety of learning opportunities, such as;
- Syndicate group work
- Team discussion and debate
- Case study analysis and review
- Personality profiling instruments
- Business case simulations
- Ted Talk assessments
- Forum theatre
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
Module 1 - Mastering a Team Centred Organisational Culture
- Developing a ‘Common Understanding’ – Defining Management and Leadership excellence in the context of ‘High Performance’
- Understanding our personal ‘Learning Styles’ from a management perspective and being able to capitalize on how we and others prefer to absorb information
- B.E.C.K/S – The ‘5’ Factor Model which clarifies our ability to manage performance and develop a ‘high performing leadership culture’
- Exposing World Class Team Development – Case Study Review. BBC – Apple – Facebook – General Electric
- Developing authentic fellowship through mastering excellent role modeling practices
- Developing open and honest dialogue at all levels within the organization.
Module 2 - The Conditions for Transforming a Work Group into a Team
- Dr. Meredith Belbin – Nobody’s perfect – but a team can be. Building the perfect team template
- The psychology of management – Mastering human behaviors, traits, and preferences
- Mastering adversity – Asserting authority through collaboration
- Defining Management vs. Leadership in real terms – Transactional or Transformational
- Factors affecting our preference of management style
- Developing a receptive management/leadership culture – Case Study Review Nelson Mandela’s Long Walk to Freedom
Module 3 - The Conditions for Gaining Respect, Credibility and High Integrity
- The key characteristics of a high performing Manager
- Applying the theories of motivation to ‘real world’ scenarios
- Examining the different ways in which we effectively communicate across varying organizational cultures
- Mastering the key steps and techniques required to build rapport
- The principles of Action Centred Leadership – Case Study Review Dr. Martin Luther King – Winning hearts and minds
- Historical philosophy and policy to practice – Building a ‘real world’ mentoring relationship
Module 4 - Mastering Fitness for the Future: Leading and Driving Organisational and Departmental Change:
- The Impact of Change – Dr. Elizabeth Kubler Ross and John Kotter – Exploring why most change initiatives fail
- Positively exploiting the predictable stages of team development during transition
- Business case simulation – How to effectively lead your team to transformation
- Managing work pressure and stress in the team – Mastering the difficult conversations through ‘Forum Theatre’
- Tips, techniques, and processes to support and maintain peak motivational performance.
- Supporting, guiding and selecting the appropriate team members to become advocates for change
Module 5 - Bringing the Management Tool Kit to Reality
- Leadership & Management Scenario – Team based creative challenge bringing concept to reality thorough business case simulation
- Thorough review of all tools, techniques, models theories concepts, and practical applications learned this week
- Articulating ‘personal statements of intent’ to share with programme colleagues
- Produce a measurable ‘competency-based action plan’ highlighting the key area’s for future success, with timelines and criteria for measurement
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them