* Click on column header for sort them
Kigali - Rwanda ,
09 - Aug - 2021
10 - Day
Dubai - UAE ,
21 - Nov - 2021
10 - Day
The effective use and deployment of donor funds for various projects demand careful utilization and timely reporting mechanisms to the funders. It is only when funds are effectively managed in accordance with the donor’s requirements will there be the motivation for reimbursement of financial resources.
This course is designed to promote improved compliance with operational policies and donor agency procedures on effective financial management, and to empower participants on the use of various disbursement methods and the use of periodic project management reports (PMRs) in line with donor agency disbursement and requisition requirement. This course is designed to enhance the competency of accounting professions managing World Bank projects among others like AFD & ADB
This training course was also created to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency in the acquisition and utilization of donor funds for advancement purposes, using proper application and techniques of accounting and finance concepts.
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to understand:
- Accounting principles and procedures within the planning of financial statements
- Preparation of Work Plan, budgets and cash flow management
- Analyze and interpret information as discovered in financial statements.
- Compliance with prerequisites, legal and administrative framework
- Identifying various elements of donor funding.
- Costing factors of Donor Funded Projects
- Monitor and evaluate donor-funded projects.
- Disbursement factors of Donor Funded Projects
- Project management techniques
- Outline and assess the convenience of the authorized provisions governing the procurement along with usage of donor funds.
- Compliance Regulatory & Governance and Risk management
- Prepare & effectively manage the arrangement of budgets for donor funds.
- Managers and Officers are responsible for the management and accounting for donor funds.
- Anyone who wishes to reinforce their knowledge in managing to account for donor funds including Budget accountants, Chief Accountants, Auditors, Finance Directors, Finance Managers & Credit Controllers
This practical and results orientated training course is based on the adult learning concept. The course incorporates short inspiring lectures, with practical examples and workshop case studies for delegates to apply the principles to their organisation. The Instructor also uses tools and aids such as PowerPoint Slides and course documentation on the topics and application, and ample time for Q & A. All of the training activities, interaction and workshop case studies will be implemented within a friendly and enthusiastic environment where the client’s needs come first.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training and measure the skill and ability of participants.
Module 1 -Financial Management of Donors Fund - Overview
- Financial management of donor funds
- Objectives of donor funds
- Disbursement procedures of donor funds
- Revenue planning and cash management
Module 2 - Financial Statements- (Understanding, Interpretation and Analysis)
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Income Statements
- Balance Sheet Statements
- Cash Flow Statements
- Interpretation and Analysis of Financial Statements
Module 3 - Costing of Donor Funded Projects
- Concepts & types of costs
- Costing and cost reduction strategies
- Marginal, Absorption and Activity Based Costing
- Debt Management strategies & Techniques
- Management of Accounting & Decision making
Module 4 - Budgeting of Donor Funded Projects
- Preparation of Work Plan
- Types of budgets
- Budgeting & Investment appraisal
- Preparation of Budget reports
- Auditing – Internal Controls
Module 5 -Management of Donor Funded Projects
- The Donor – Lending, types of loan, Co-financing
- Legal Provision
- Project Break-Even Analysis
- General Withdrawals Arrangement
- Withdrawal Arrangements for (SOES)
Module 6 - Disbursement of Donor Funded Projects
- Statement of Expenditure(SOES)
- Special Accounts (SAS)
- Disbursement Reports and loan repayment
- Procurement of Goods, Works and Services
- Accounts and Audit
Module 7 - World Bank Financed Projects
- Types of Loans and Projects
- Project Implementing Agencies
- Project Preparation and Execution
- Project Financing
- Procurement of Goods and Services
Module 8 - Project Management
- Project cycle management
- Project planning & scheduling
- Critical path and network analysis
- Project Monitoring & Evaluation and Reporting
- Evaluation of international aid offers
Module 9 - Compliance Regulatory& Governance
- Understanding of compliance regulatory
- Principles of governance according to international requirements
- Accountability, Probity & Transparency
- Conflict, time and stress
- Governance and anti-corruption agenda
Module 10 - Risk Management
- Risk monitoring and control and control frameworks
- Regular financial reporting and independent audits
- Internal control policies & procedures
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Best Practices in Project finance Management
- Wrap-Up & closing
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them