Day One of the course covers culture, what it is it, how is it created, what is the impact of culture on an organisation and any change initiatives they are implementing.
- What is culture, where does it come from and why it is important
- What are the key drivers of culture, values, role models, rituals, and reinforcement
- Culture eats Strategy for Breakfast
- Key components of the culture you are looking for
- Organisational change resistance and techniques for overcoming it.
- Organisation Culture Adoption profiles
- Identifying Culture Change Champions
- Strategies for each organisational group
- Leadership and culture change
- Case Study and Exercises
When Business Leaders aspire to drive change, the most challenging aspect reported is consistently Culture Change. This is where the focus on changing behaviours creates the greatest resistance which can demonstrate itself in destructive and often pernicious ways – especially where existing “ways of doing thing” have become highly ingrained. Driving sustainable Culture Change requires a highly focused effort. In addition to defining the culture, leadership must also look to create a bottom-up movement that will help reach organizational tipping point that will help to permanently embed the desired change.
If you think that companies are successfully doing this, then think again. In recent years, employee engagements stand at a paltry 32% and management engagement is even lower at 30%. Spotting disengagement is hard but it is costing industry trillions of dollars in lost. The impact of a highly engaged team working towards a customer culture can increase profitability by more than 40% – and that’s before the impact of new generation change techniques are factored in. This Culture Change Leadership Masters Workshop explains the tools and techniques for successfully leading and managing culture change in a fast moving dynamic environments. You will learn what are the leadership challenges, where resistance will come from and why. It will also help to learn techniques to help reduce it, and create a movement that will help to drive culture adoption.