* Click on column header for sort them
Online - Virtual ,
31 - Oct - 2023
2 Hrs X 8 Sessions
Dubai - UAE ,
11 - Dec - 2023
5 - Day
All businesses heavily depend on their fixed assets, regardless of their industry or the size of their operations. Any asset you purchase performs at its best throughout its ideal working life. Asset performance declines over time due to wear and tear. Repair and maintenance expenses soon outweigh those of replacement. Enhancing asset management and accessibility is crucial to achieving a company’s revenue and profit goals. You must use asset management best practices to improve equipment efficiency, save unnecessary maintenance expenses, and make smarter purchasing decisions.
This Asset Management Best Practices course provides a great foundation for understanding the basic concepts, language, and significant benefits organizations gain from an Asset Management approach. It also introduces the content and role of the International Standards for Asset Management (ISO 55000). The course sets out the basis for adopting Asset Management best practices, what it entails, and the key determinants for success while enabling learners to see how Asset Management involves everyone in the organization and how their role may be directly or indirectly impacted.
At the end of the Asset Management Best Practices course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand asset management’s importance and methodology.
- Understand Asset management scope and strategy
- Understanding the Normal Operating Conditions of asset management
- Life Cycle Delivery (Acquire, Operate, Maintain, Disposal)
- Understanding stakeholders and their requirements – including examples of Stakeholders, and ways they could affect an organization’s AM activities.
- Alignment of AM activities to deliver organizational objectives – AM Policy, AM strategies (the SAMP)
- Understanding and managing risk (assessment, treatment, and monitoring)
- ISO 55000 – International Standards in Asset Management (benefits and overview).
- The Asset Management Journey
This Asset Management Best Practices training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- All professionals involved in managing or participating in Asset Management and Facilities Management processes, including all staff in the Asset Management & Maintenance department, Facilities Management, Building Maintenance, IT, Operations and Finance
- Anyone who wishes to update themselves on their Asset Management skills
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, and retention of the information presented. The seminar is designed as a blended environment of presentation; workshops; group work; practical exercises; field application/ analysis; and general discussions.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
Module 1 - Asset Management Overview
- Introduction and background to Asset Management (AM)
- Why is AM important? (Key Drivers and Benefits)
- The scope of Asset Management
- AM Model
- Strategy & Planning
- AM Decision Making
- Life Cycle Delivery (Acquire, Operate, Maintain & Dispose of)
- Asset information
- Organization & People
- Risk & Review
Module 2 - Asset Management Good Practices
- Understanding stakeholders and their requirements – including examples of Stakeholders and ways they could affect an organization’s AM activities.
- Alignment of AM activities to deliver organizational objectives
- AM Policy, AM strategies (the SAMP)
- AM plans, and delivery of life cycle activities.
Module 3 - Understanding and Managing Risk
- Risk definitions (ISO 55000) and the risk matrix.
- Understanding criticality (of assets and AM activities).
- Risk management processes (ISO 31000) – assessment, treatment, and monitoring.
- Whole life cycle decision-making.
- Examples of asset life cycle costs.
- Typical asset life decisions – when, and why, it is important to consider asset life cycle costs.
- Effective monitoring and assurance.
- Assets – understanding condition and performance.
- Asset management activities – monitoring and audit.
- Team working and collaboration.
- ISO 55000 – the good practice management system standard for AM (benefits and overview).
Module 4 - The Asset Management Journey
- The Organizational AM Journey.
- Where and how to start? Assessment of AM capability.
- Developing AM competencies (the key roles of the IAM Competencies Framework).
- The Individual AM Journey – developing your AM knowledge & understanding.
- IAM resources to support Individual and Organizational Journeys.
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them