* Click on column header for sort them
Dubai - UAE ,
26 - Sep - 2021
5 - Day
There will be times and situations, for example when giving or receiving feedback, or when handling a difficult person, when you need to influence, motivate and persuade others. To do so requires a personally confident, positive and winning manner; a manner that is both forceful and diplomatic and neither timid nor dismissive. This is assertiveness. Assertive behaviour includes standing up for your rights without infringing on the rights of others. Assertiveness results in an “I win; you win” outcome. Assertion involves expressing beliefs, feelings and preferences in a way which is direct, honest, and appropriate that shows a high degree of respect for yourself and for others.
This practical program explains the differences between assertive, passive or aggressive types of communications and lets participants try them out. You will learn how to efficiently and effectively recognize behaviors in others and identify your own behavior type. The course will help participants to gain strategies for confidence building, how to best give and receive feedback, and asking those difficult questions.
By attending this highly interactive program delegates will:
- Recognize the link between assertiveness, confidence and self-esteem
- Identify the best approach to use when voicing ideas and opinions assertively
- Handle difficult situations and people confidently and assertively and honestly
- Deal with criticism, confrontation, anger, and negativity effectively and positively
- Overcome feelings of apprehension and understand the importance of (appropriate) language and body language to assertiveness
Assertiveness and Self Confidence Masterclass target at:
- Managers across the organisation
- Anyone want to build on your self-confidence and self-esteem
- Anyone would like to learn short term and long term strategies on developing your self-confidence
- Those who manage negotiations.
- This course is for you if you want to overcome your fear of social situations
- Anyone want to improve confidence and ability to make a powerful and positive impact on communication
This practical and results-oriented program is based on adult learning concept. It incorporates short inspiring lectures with structured lessons from the learning manual; captivating PowerPoint slides with videos to enhance learning; ongoing discussions with action planning; ample time for Q&A; training activities to reinforce key concepts within a fun learning environment.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
Module 1 - Understanding Assertiveness and Personal Inner Communication Essentials
- What is Assertiveness?
- What does confident assertiveness mean?
- The 3 major levels of Assertiveness
- Intra- Personal (with Oneself)
- Inter-Personal (with another Individual)
- Inter-Active synergy (with a group of persons)
Module 2 - Discover the power of Non-Verbal Communication
- Study the 8 non-verbal empowerment
- Understand why your personal self-image and confidence has a great deal to do with your body posture, voice, presentation, language, style and content preparation
- Controlling your subconscious mind to communicate and persuade effectively
- Understanding the communication cycle and traits for assertive, passive, aggressive, and passive submissive behavior
- Defining and recognizing assertive interpersonal communication techniques and their benefits
- Assessing your current assertiveness style and the effects of non-assertion
Module 3 - The Assertiveness Communication Pyramid
- The power of words in the communication process.
- Discover the powerful I-A-D-A communication format.
- Understand the keys to successful presentation, meeting management and facilitation with confidence.
- Using questions and listen actively to respond appropriately.
- Know the power of influence.
Module 4 - Engaging and Motivating Others
- Communicating and presenting yourself with confidence in multiple situations
- Learn how to organize yourself before, during and after meetings
- The psychology of the smile in communication
- How to present and engage a group
- How to an effective decision maker and decision communicator
- How to negotiate and persuade
Module 5 - The Application of Confident Assertiveness
- Role playing responses elicited by each style
- Tackling barriers to assertiveness – recognizing and dealing with fear and apprehension
- Confronting common problems which occur in the workplace
- The art of persuasion – getting ideas across – and constructing assertive communication
- Are you saying ‘yes’ when you should be saying ‘no’?
- Establishing goals and a plan of action for implementation on your return to work
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them