* Click on column header for sort them
Purchasing is renowned as having a significant impact on the bottom line of the organization. Purchasing is becoming a core competency of the firm, finding and developing suppliers and bringing in expertise that is highly valued by the organization.
This Advanced Purchasing and Cost Saving Techniques training course is intended to provide guidance to participants in the key function of purchasing and departmental cost saving and purchasing. The training course contents are up-to-date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area.
In this course, we will explore how to manage the various suppliers that are located away from your plant while achieving real cost savings. Furthermore, we will discover how the purchasing department fits in the total function of the supply chain operations. Lastly, we will cover how the purchasing department should be managed properly to achieve all of its KPIs.
By attending this Advanced Purchasing and Cost Saving Techniques training course, delegates will be able to:
- Define the strategic role of the purchasing department
- Perform accurate supplier evaluation
- Develop effective negotiation strategies with all suppliers
- Identify the importance of value analysis to purchasing
- Improve the efficiency of the purchasing function
This intensive training course on Advanced Purchasing and Cost Saving Techniques is suitable for personnel from all industrial fields and different purchasing methods such as:
Buying, Purchasing, Procurement, Commercial, Tenders, Contracts, Finance Engineering, Projects, Construction, Public Sector
This program is targeting for those working for companies aim at achieving profits, minimizing costs and better managing their time such as:
- Senior buyers
- Purchasing supervisors
- Purchasing managers
- Professionals whose role involves negotiation with outside agencies
- Those who want to improve supplier performance
This practical and results-oriented training course is based on adult learning concept. It incorporates short inspiring lectures with structured lessons from the learning manual; captivating PowerPoint slides with videos to enhance learning; ongoing discussions with action planning; ample time for Q&A; training activities to reinforce key concepts within a fun learning environment.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
Module 1 -The Strategic Function of Purchasing
- The Link of the Purchasing Function with the Organizational Strategy
- Creating a Purchasing Mission Statement
- Balancing Quality, Service, and Price
- Things Purchasing Should Strive For
- The importance of effective purchasing
- Understanding the Purchasing strategy
- The five steps of the Purchasing process
Module 2 - Supplier Evaluation and Negotiation
- Negotiating with Suppliers
- Power in Negotiation
- Planning for Negotiation
- Achieving the Right Agreements with Suppliers
- Factors Used to Evaluate Suppliers on Total Performance
- Ways of Promoting Good Supplier Relations
- Creating Suppliers as Good Partners
- Choosing the Right Suppliers
Module 3 - Value Analysis
- What a good specification for goods and services looks like
- Defining needs and wants – Essential vs ‘nice to have’
- Who needs to develop and contribute to the specification?
- Important questions to ask when developing a specification
- Optimizing Purchasing Productivity
- Adding Value as a Purchasing Manager
Module 4 -Managing and Evaluating the Department Performance
- Centralization versus Decentralization
- Reasons for Departmental (Macro-Level) Performance Appraisal
- Managing Other Buyers
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Purchasing
Module 5 - Improving Purchasing Efficiency
- Internal Stakeholder Management
- Conducting the Right Surveys to Improve Performance
- Efficient Internal and External Communication
- Ethical Behavior with Suppliers and End Users
- Ethical Behavior within the Department
- Purchasing Policies and Procedures
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them