* Click on column header for sort them
Online - Virtual ,
09 - Nov - 2021
2 Hrs X 8 Sessions
Johannesburg - South Africa ,
15 - Nov - 2021
5 - Day
Dubai - UAE ,
19 - Dec - 2021
5 - Day
Performance management is both a strategic and integrated approach to delivering successful results in organizations by improving the performance and developing teams and individuals’ capabilities. A successful organization has the culture of setting clear expectations for organizational performance and structured reviews and monitoring to ensure that they are met.
What exactly is a Balanced Scorecard? A definition often quoted is: “A strategic planning and management system used to align business activities to the vision statement of an organization”. A Balanced Scorecard attempts to translate the company’s vision and mission statements into the practicalities of managing the business better at every level and translate them into operational objectives that drive both performance and behaviour.
This QHSE KPI’s and Balanced Scorecard course encompasses practical sessions in each topic. Activities and discussions lead to understanding the participants’ pain points and set objectives to tackle them. They are including translating the vision into operational goals, communicating the vision, and link it to individual performance; business planning. It will help in index setting, feedback and learning, and adjusting the strategy accordingly.
By the QHSE KPI’s and Balanced Scorecard course, delegates will be able to understand:
- Understand the fundamentals of performance management
- Develop key performance indicators for an organization
- Deploy and manage key performance indicators
- Understand the change management perspective of performance management
- Define & measure our given business goals
- Improve personnel’s understanding of KPIs derivation for continuous improvement plan
- Identify and enumerate all safety KPIs
- Recognize Hazardous Zones, Rules and Regulations for safety KPI achievement
This course is designed for top management, senior managers or executives who are involved in establishing, leading, and managing the implementation of performance measurement program in the organization.
Other individuals can include:
- Plant managers & Engineers,
- Safety manager/officer,
- Members of health & safety committee
- Industrial hygienists,
- Industrial nurses, occupational health doctor,
- Supervisors and selected line management staff.
This training course will combine presentations with instructor-guided interactive discussions between participants relating to their individual interests. Practical exercises, video material and case studies aiming at stimulating these discussions and providing maximum benefit to the participants will support the formal presentation sessions. Above all, the course leader will make extensive use of case examples and case studies of issues in which he has been personally involved.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training and measure the skill and ability of participants.
Module 1 - Management of KPI’s and PI’S
- Excellent S & H Key Performance Indicators
- Safety KPI Policy and Procedures
- Difference between Performance Indicators (PI) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
- Safety Management in KPI
- Why Measure Safety KPI & Performance?
- KPIs – What is the Simplest Way to Develop Them?
- Activity, Efficiency, Effectiveness – What is Being Measured
- Properties of Good KPIs
- Set KPI Targets: 9 Steps To Drive Results
Module 2 - Control Measures
- Hazards and Risks
- Risk Assessment
- Matrix System and Basic Calculation
- Final Scores and Control Measures
- Common elements in ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001
- Continuous Improvement
- Designing an Excellence Model KPI in Safety Management
- Input and Output Process
Module 3 - Performance Tools
- Gap Analysis
- Tools & Checklist
- Developing the Implementation Plan
- Safety Performance & Bench Mark
- Purpose and Outcomes of Evaluating Safety
- Decisions Driven by Safety Performance
- Safety Performance
- Lagging and Trailing Indicators
- KPI Hierarchy and Lifecycle
- SWOT Analysis
Module 4 - The Balanced Scorecard
- What is a Balanced Scorecard and why create one
- Terminologies Used in Balanced Scorecard
- The Cause and Effect process
- Use of Balanced Scorecard in HSE
- Use in Strategic Planning
- Use in Business Strategy
- Use in Performance Management
- Creating a Balanced Scorecard (XL Exercise + Discussion)
Module 5 - Monitoring and Review
- Key Performance Indicator –Result and Time Period
- Safety Audits and Inspection
- Individual and Group KPI and Department & Organizational KPI
- Workplace Implementation and Application
- Safety KPI Alignment
- Lead and Lag Indicators
- Ingredients for KPI Success and Indicators
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them