* Click on column header for sort them
| Dubai - UAE , || 20200315 15 - 19 Mar 2020||$3,950|| Register|
| Dubai - UAE , || 20200906 06 - 10 Sep 2020||$3,950|| Register|
| Istanbul - Turkey , || 20201116 16 - 20 Nov 2020||$4,950|| Register|
| Dubai - UAE , || 20201213 13 - 17 Dec 2020||$3,950|| Register|
Steam Turbines are used extensively in the process industries. They mainly contribute to combined cycle and cogeneration plants and in industrial applications with widely varying configurations. Steam power is one of the major power sources for large industries. Steam turbines represent a significant part of the capital and operating costs of most plants, which play major economic importance. Moreover, the unexpected shutdown of the significant equipment can lead to major financial implications and damage to the reputation of the firm.
This course will cover the operating principles of steam turbines. Upon completion of this course, participants will have gained a thorough understanding of the various centrifugal steam turbine configurations available. The course will cover mechanical design features, sizing and application criteria and operations of Turbines. Additionally, participants will gain knowledge on maintainability, reliability, vulnerability and troubleshooting issues.
Attendance to the Steam Turbines training course will enable participants to:
- Understand the basics of Turbine, Thermodynamics and principles of actions
- Become familiar with the mechanical design, configurations, application ranges and constraints for steam turbines.
- Learn about different turbine components, which include turbine rotors, balancing, rotor dynamics, casings, bearings, shaft sealing devices and lube oil management.
- Learn the selection and sizing of steam turbines for compressor drives & understand the operation
- Gain knowledge on troubleshooting effective maintenance management
- Learn examples from recent failure incidents attributed to design defects and maintenance deficiencies.
The course will be of most benefit to delegates currently working in the maintenance and operations departments of the power generation industry including Maintenance Engineers, Supervisors, Operators, Plant Engineers, Equipment Professionals and Supervisors. The course will, however also be very beneficial to those involved in the procurement of new and replacement equipment
Steam Turbines training course will utilize a variety of proven learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a lecture with active delegate participation including discussions, real-life problems and case studies. Through active participation in the group work and class discussions, the delegates will get a lot of opportunities to increase their experience and knowledge.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
Day 1 - Basics of Turbine and Thermodynamics
- Steam Thermodynamic features
- Steam Properties and the Mollier Charts
- Principle of Action
- Types of Turbine
- Impulse Turbines
- Reaction Turbines
- Configuration Variants, Application Ranges & Constraints
Day 2 - Steam Turbine Systems & Components
- Steam Turbine Components
- Rotor Components
- Reaction and Impulse Blading
- Stator Blading
- Steam Turbine Bearings
- Lube Oil Systems
- Sealing Systems
- Governors and Control System
Day 3 - Design, Selection and Sizing of Turbine
- Main Elements and Technical Characteristics of Steam Turbine Design
- Selection and Sizing of Steam Turbines for Compressor Drives
- Steam (Water) Rates
- Condensing and Backpressure Turbines
- Single and Multistage Types
- Process Considerations
Day 4 - Operations of Steam Turbines
- Run-In and Shut-down
- Surveillance and Health Monitoring
- Performance Measurement
- Monitoring and Tracking
Day 5 - Maintenance Management
- Machine Overhaul Process
- Annual Maintenance Planning
- Machines Piping and Ground Regulations
- Alignment of Thermal Machines
- Balancing of Rotating Machines
- Surface Treatments of Sealing Interfaces
- Online/Offline Washing
- Troubleshooting through Vibration Analysis,
- Oil Analysis and Thermography
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them
|ME02||Machinery Failure Analysis and Prevention|| Dubai - UAE, || 20200216 16 - 20 Feb 2020||$3,950|| Register|
|ME05||Gas Turbine Operation, Maintenance & Inspection|| Dubai - UAE, || 20200223 23 - 27 Feb 2020||$3,950|| Register|
|ME01||Effective Data Analysis Techniques: Essential For Positive Business Outcomes|| Dubai - UAE, || 20200301 01 - 05 Mar 2020||$3,950|| Register|
|ME03||Pumps, Compressors & Turbines: Operation, Maintenance & Troubleshooting|| Dubai - UAE, || 20200308 08 - 12 Mar 2020||$3,950|| Register|
|ME04||Fundamentals of Process & Mechanical Engineering|| Abu Dhabi - UAE, || 20200322 22 - 26 Mar 2020||$3,950|| Register|