* Click on column header for sort them
Dubai - UAE ,
13 - Nov - 2023
5 - Day
Water-flooding has been proven as the simplest and the lowest cost approach to maintaining production and increasing oil recovery from an oil reservoir. However, these benefits may fall short of expectations unless the time-tested concepts and practices are clearly understood and judiciously implemented. These concepts and practices aim at process optimization, reducing production cost while minimizing waste and maximizing oil recovery and income. Water flooding includes surface and subsurface challenges and activities. These challenges should be well studied to have successful water flooding projects.
This course introduces the geologic and engineering concepts and technology of Water Injection Technology. Participants will get a chance to learn various recovery methods challenges and solutions with practical examples. The course will provide the participants with a complete and up-to-date overview of the area of Water Injection technique.
By the end of Water Flooding Management in Reservoir training course, participants will learn to:
- Apply and gain in-depth knowledge of water injection technology and determine the water flooding process from “A” to “Z” as a major method of enhanced oil recovery (EOR)
- Recognize the various elements of reservoir drive mechanisms and producing characteristics
- Employ the methods pertaining to water flood performance efficiencies and the design aspects of the water injection system
- Distinguish the influence of the reservoir and fluid characteristics on the injection process and determine the relationship between reservoir engineering data and injected water
- Evaluate the different effects of the recovery factor and reserves as well as explain the aspects of water injection systems according to the water source by identifying the various matching reservoir requirements
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principals involved in pressure maintenance & oil displacement by an injected fluid.
- Describe the process of water flooding by identifying its design, operation and monitoring
- Acquaint the participants with the concept of immiscible gas injection in oil reservoirs by discussing the techniques & calculation methods used in immiscible gas/oil displacement and identifying the compositional effects during immiscible gas displacement
- Explain concepts utilized in monitoring the displacement process.
- Explain the functions of water injection systems through filters and deaeration and identify the various types of filters
- Detail the different qualities of seawater corrosion and distinguish the relationship of microbiological growth and corrosion in line with the structure and growth of diatoms, bacteria and algae
- Apply the several tests used to evaluate water quality including process of collecting samples, transport of samples and test frequencies for particle counts
- Discuss the chemical, miscible and thermal methods of EOR including hot water and steam injection and get important tips of the polymer injection process
All engineers and technical staff (Superintendents, Supervisors & Foremen) whose responsibilities include the safe and cost-effective operation of water injection systems. Management will also benefit by increasing their awareness of the cost-effective use of treatment chemicals and by developing their skills in the analysis of water quality data. Further, this seminar is suitable for Corrosion Personnel, W.I. Personnel, Lab Personnel, Chemists and Chemical Engineers.
Our highly practical experiential learning method is results-oriented; based on an adult learning concept. The course is designed as a blended environment of presentation; workshops; group work; practical exercises; field application/ case studies, analysis and several industry videos showing all processes; and general discussions. The course will include real case studies in the oil and gas industry. Most of the cases studies have been presented in international journals by the instructor.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training and measure the skill and ability of participants.
Module 1 - Water flood data management: data acquisition, analysis and integration
- Reservoir rock properties
- Reservoir fluids properties
- Factors affecting water flooding
Module 2 - Screening for water flooding
- Drive mechanisms
- Reserves estimate and remaining reserves
- Reasons for water flooding and history
- Secondary recovery and pressure maintenance concept
- Reservoir engineering aspects and screening for water flooding
- Water injection systems – water source: produced water, aquifers and seawater – nature and composition of waters and seawater – matching reservoir requirements – water compatibilities and scale
- Water injection systems – basic water treatment – basic seawater treatment: filtration and deaeration
Module 3 - Design aspects of the water injection system
- Reservoir-geology considerations in the design and operation of water floods
- Immiscible displacement theory
- Immiscible displacement in two dimensions-areal
- Vertical displacement in linear and areal models
- Fractional flow and performance measures
- Water flood performance efficiencies
- Microscopic efficiency of immiscible displacement
- Macroscopic displacement efficiency of a linear water flood
- Water flood design
- Heterogeneity, flood pattern, recovery efficiency
- Candidates, patterns, and factors affecting pattern selection and well spacing
- Factor influencing water flood recovery
- Water flood production performance and reservoir forecast.
- Water flood monitoring
- Water flood field-case-studies examples/ practices and problems
Module 4 - Water flooding quality & monitoring - What Next?
- Water quality and monitoring
- Corrosion problems (reasons and solutions)
- Field operation, water system, compatibility and treatment
- Various EOR processes and their recovery expectations, optimum time ..
- Introduction to chemical enhanced oil recovery techniques
- Polymer flooding
- Surfactant flooding
Module 5 - EOR application is an extension to the water flooding
- Alkaline flooding
- Hot water flooding
- Steam injection
- Water flood project optimization and economic evaluation
- Field examples and case histories
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them