* Click on column header for sort them
| London - UK , || 20190826 26 - 30 Aug 2019||$4,750|| Register|
| Dubai - UAE , || 20191103 03 - 07 Nov 2019||$3,750|| Register|
The decisions where to purchase components, raw materials, manufacturing and testing equipment, and even consulting services, need to be well informed and documented through a vendor qualification process. The results of making poor purchasing decisions can lead to situations that impact product quality, regulatory compliance, company profits, and even the reputation of the company.
Have you wasted hours, days, and weeks on qualifying vendors that you know cannot or will not meet your requirements? Has your approach to vendor qualification and vendor audits left you with internal Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPAs)? Have you wondered whether an onsite vendor audit is necessary? The answers to these and many more questions are available in this training course.
The training course will explain best practices for building a sustainable vendor qualification process. It will also adopt a systematic approach to demonstrate the optimal methods in enhancing vendor performance and ensure contract compliance.
The Vendor Qualification training course will enable delegates to:
- Structure for a sustainable vendor qualification programme
- Checklists and other vendor qualification documents
- How to determine the best potential vendor
- What a potential vendor needs to supply before qualification
- How to estimate costs and time associated with vendor qualification
- Common pitfalls to avoid when qualifying vendors
- Develop meaningful performance measures
- Learn how to use those performance results for continuous improvement
The Vendor Qualification training course is designed for:
- Contracts, Procurement and Project personnel
- Engineering, Operational, Quality and Maintenance personnel
- Those who are involved in interfacing with contractors or suppliers in the acquisition of materials, equipment, parts and services
- Anyone who wants to improve supplier performance and gain successful outcomes from contracting situations
This practical and results-oriented training course is based on adult learning concept. Participants will increase their competencies through short inspiring lectures with structured lessons from the learning manual; captivating PowerPoint slides to enhance learning; ongoing discussions with action planning; ample time for Q&A; training activities to reinforce key concepts within a fun learning environment.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
DAY 1 -Vendor Qualification: Compiling an Approved Supplier List
- Determining the goals and objectives of Procurement
- Formulating a proper Procurement strategy
- Involving the end-user in determining the required technologies
- Developing an approved supplier list based on the required technologies
- Compiling supplier selection criteria
- Forming commodity teams to evaluate and provide supply solutions
DAY 2 - Supplier Assessment
- Supplier initial questionnaire
- Detailed supplier investigation
- Quality management systems
- Performing a supplier assessment
- Process capability studies
- Certification of suppliers
- ISO Certification
- Setting acceptance criteria
- Engaging the supplier during the tender process
DAY 3 - Supplier Performance - What to Measure?
- Carrot or stick?
- Setting of objective that are aligned with the goals of the company
- Characteristics of a good performance measurement system
- Developing a supplier performance system
- Sources of data
- Common mistakes in data recording
- Implementing the system
DAY 4 - Supplier Performance - Interpreting the Results
- Rating the individual supplier
- Ranking your suppliers
- Disseminating the results: what to do and what not to do
- Rewarding good behaviour
- Supplier recognition
- Punishing bad behaviour
- Corrective Action Procedures
DAY 5 - Remedies for Breach of Contract
- What constitutes a breach?
- The different types of breaches
- The different remedies available
- Determining the quantum of damages
- Liquidated damages
- Equitable damages
- Court injunction
- Project close-out report
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them
|MG33||Negotiation Skills: Mastering the Art of Deal Making Strategies|| Dubai - UAE, || 20190825 25 - 29 Aug 2019||$3,750|| Register|
|MM03||Strategic Procurement Management Masterclass|| Dubai - UAE, || 20190901 01 - 05 Sep 2019||$3,750|| Register|
|MM09||Procurement Management of Equipment and Works for World Bank Aided Projects|| Amsterdam - The Netherlands, || 20190902 02 - 06 Sep 2019||$4,750|| Register|
|MM05||Effective Warehouse & Stores Management|| Dubai - UAE, || 20190915 15 - 19 Sep 2019||$3,750|| Register|
|MM04||Procurement Specialist: The A to Z of Procurement Best Practices|| Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia, || 20190916 16 - 20 Sep 2019||$4,200|| Register|