Strategic Planning & Goal Setting: Setting Focused Goals and Enhancing Competitiveness
COURSE OVERVIEWAlmost everything we do in today’s public or private (business) world invokes heavy competitive pressure: attracting foreign investments, “customer” habits change, new competitors appear, factors outside your control could delay your project. But we cannot allow ourselves to be paralyzed; we need to think strategically, plan in ways which are execution-able, and make decision as to what actions to take to minimize disruptions to our plans. In the final analysis, company vision is only good when we converge respective units’ efforts and achievements toward the organizational goals.
IMPORTANT FEATURESThe important features of Strategic Planning & Goal Setting training course are:
- Use value curve to be ahead of competitors
- Aligned goals among all stakeholders
- Systematic approach towards goals achievement with minimum surprises
- Insert strategic thinking and goals achievement into organization’s DNA
- Bridge the gap between blue sky thinking with implementation and execution
LEARNING OBJECTIVESParticipants on the Strategic Planning & Goal Setting training course will be able to:
- Understand and Develop the strategic direction
- Identify the Company strengths and weaknesses
- Identify markets and competitions
- Formulate possible strategies
- Do a strategic plan for your organisation or department
- Draw up and implement an action plan
- Achieve objectives by linking KPIs, business goals and vision
TARGET AUDIENCEPROMISE Strategic Planning & Goal Setting training course is designed for:
- Professionals who are relatively new to team leadership and management
- Established supervisors who have not had formal supervisory training
- Upcoming mangers, senior manages and general management professionals
- Team Leaders who wish to increase their effectiveness
- Those who wishes to refresh and develop their leadership and management skills
TRAINING METHODOLOGYStrategic Planning & Goal Setting practical and results-oriented program is based on adult learning concept. The facilitator will give plenty of input and then help participants to make sense of the themes through discussion and practice. It incorporates short inspiring demonstrations, role play and much practice to enhance learning. There will be ample time for Q&A, discussions with ‘return to work’ action planning. The course will reinforce key concepts within an inspiring and engaging learning environment.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training and measure the skill and ability of participants.
On day 1 the course will cover nature of business in the context of strategic thinking and goal setting, including the application of value curve
- What is our business? Why do we choose this business?
- Leadership roles in supporting this: Styles and case
- Example of Strategic Thinking & Planning: The Value Curve
- Culturalize The Strategic Thinking & Planning: Concept and application of Lean Management
On day 2 the course will cover ideas generation - both conventional and out-of-box - and moving those ideas in order to achieve vision, and why some visions are poorly conceived
- Business idea generation: focus on problem solving
- What is our vision?
- How do we ACHIEVE the vision?
On day 3 the course will cover various scientific and analytical tools for the effective implementation of business strategy and goals in a competitive landscape
- SWOT Analysis: looking at our strengths and weaknesses
- Market Analysis
- Market Options Matrix – definition, case, commentary, what can we do
- Growth-Share Matrix – definition, case, commentary, what can we do
- Competitive Environment: the 5 Forces – definition, case, commentary, what can we do
On day 4 the course will cover principles of goal setting, SMART goals, and alignment of those goals.
- Workshop on Strategies and Plans: WHAT do we need to do to achieve the vision?
- Tools to help KPIs:
- SMART goals
- Parkinson Principle in goal setting
On day 5 the course will cover the concept that good measurement is a crucial factor in determining the success and in influencing behaviors.
- Departmental KPIs and Target setting: HOW do we ensure they become realized?
- Practical department by department KPI workshop
- Converting Vision to Reality: achieving company’s vision
- How to do it in a way that is easy to be understood and implemented
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them
|Code||Course Title||Venue||Date||Fees||Join Now|
|MG26||Communication, Interpersonal & Influencing Skills||Abu Dhabi - UAE,||20200202 02 - 06 Feb 2020||$3,950||Register|
|MG50||Brainstorming, Creative Thinking, Innovation and Problem Solving||Dubai - UAE,||20200202 02 - 06 Feb 2020||$3,950||Register|
|MG05||Leadership, Critical Thinking & Innovation||Dubai - UAE,||20200209 09 - 13 Feb 2020||$3,950||Register|
|MG22||Mastering Strategic Management & Team Leadership Skills||Dubai - UAE,||20200216 16 - 20 Feb 2020||$3,950||Register|
|MG14||Coaching and Mentoring: Enhancing Productivity, Engagement and Innovation||Dubai - UAE,||20200223 23 - 27 Feb 2020||$3,950||Register|