Storage Tanks & Tank Farms – Design, Sizing and Calculations
COURSE OVERVIEWStorage tanks are containers that hold flammable liquids, or compressed flammable gases for short, medium or long-term storage. This training course is designed to offer the participants an insight of how tank farm storage tanks are designed, constructed, operated, inspected and maintained.
The course provides a comprehensive detailed overview of the American Petroleum Institute API650, API620 and API2610 specifications, as well as the API653 inspection standard. This training course will highlight the most recent revisions and upcoming changes in the aforementioned standards and, in addition, includes essential storage tank technology not covered by these standards.
The Storage Tanks & Tank Farms training course will also cover crude oil or crude product storage tank design and construction, as used in industries such as petroleum production, refinery tank farms, intermediate product storage including LPG, and product transfer operations, petrochemicals, as well as other industries consuming or producing flammable liquids.
LEARNING OBJECTIVESAt the end of Storage Tanks and Tank Farms training course, participants will:
- Learn about tank design features and components
- Have an understanding of storage tank construction methods
- Know the various materials of construction associated with storage tanks
- Grasp the relevant types of storage tanks and their associated terminology
- Assess storage tank performance
- Appreciate the governing equations associated with tank design
- Learn about tank safety issues
- Learn about tank standards and codes
- Appreciate failure mechanisms including corrosion
- Learn about methods of tank protection, including linings and cathodic protection
- Have an understanding of different methods of inspection
TARGET AUDIENCEThis Storage Tanks & Tank Farms training course is intended for tank farm and refinery employees or engineers who are required to select and or are involved in tank design, as well as anyone working in crude oil and or product storage facility. The training course is also intended for, but not limited to, professionals involved in handling, loading or discharging of oil and gas cargo.
TRAINING METHODOLOGYThis training course will be conducted along workshop principles with formal lectures, computer simulation, videos and interactive worked examples. Relevant case studies will be provided to illustrate the application of each tool in an operations environment. Each learning point will be re-enforced with practical exercises and ample opportunities for discussion and sharing of experiences.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
- Review of Energy Production and Consumption
- Basic properties and characteristics of petroleum and products in storage
- Storage of flammable liquids – safety & risk
- Fire Fighting & Fire Protection
- Handling oils spills and other emergencies
- Introduction and uses of Storage Tanks
- API Standard 650 Design and construction of new storage tanks
- API Standard 620 Design and Construction of Large, Welded, Low-Pressure Storage Tanks
- API Standard 2610 Design, Construction, Operation, Maintenance and Inspection of Terminal & Tank Facilities
- Types of tanks, Bolted, Welded, etc.
- Tank Components, fittings and Equipment
- Tank Roofs, Fixed, Floating, Roof Supports etc.
- Tank Rim and Seals
- Tank Vents & Vacuum brakers
- Tank Drainage and water Separation
- Design, Sample Problem of a Heated Tank
- Tank Selection Criteria
- Tank capacity & Volume Calculations
- Cylindrical and spherical tanks
- Tank Piping Systems, mixers and BS&W Control
- Double Wall Storage Tank
- Foundations construction basics
- Syndicate exercise – Tank Layout and Spacing
- Materials selection
- Welding and welding inspection
- Design Loading and Selected Tank Equations
- Tank Coatings
- Tank Manufacturing and assembly
- Tank Damage
- Corrosion protection, Cathodic protection, etc.
- API Standard 653 – Tank Inspection, Repair, Alteration and Reconstruction
- Nondestructive inspections
- Tank Failure Case Studies
- Tank Inventory System (TIS)
- Level Measurement Sensors, techniques and control
- Course review and roundup
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them
|Code||Course Title||Venue||Date||Fees||Join Now|
|ME02||Machinery Failure Analysis and Prevention||Dubai - UAE,||20200216 16 - 20 Feb 2020||$3,950||Register|
|ME05||Gas Turbine Operation, Maintenance & Inspection||Dubai - UAE,||20200223 23 - 27 Feb 2020||$3,950||Register|
|ME01||Effective Data Analysis Techniques: Essential For Positive Business Outcomes||Dubai - UAE,||20200301 01 - 05 Mar 2020||$3,950||Register|
|ME03||Pumps, Compressors & Turbines: Operation, Maintenance & Troubleshooting||Dubai - UAE,||20200308 08 - 12 Mar 2020||$3,950||Register|
|ME08||Steam Turbine Essentials||Dubai - UAE,||20200315 15 - 19 Mar 2020||$3,950||Register|