Purchasing Management, Tendering & Supplier Selection
COURSE OVERVIEWPurchasing is essential to the success of modern organizations, and successful organizations need highly trained and effective procurement
This training course is intended to provide participants with an understanding of the principles of purchasing, tendering and supplier selection processes. Participants will learn how to evaluate procedures and make needed changes to methods to improve customer service whilst achieving significant reductions in inventories, eliminate wasteful costs, avoid internal system problems that limit performance and obtain an added value for money.
IMPORTANT FEATURESUpon attending the highly interactive Purchasing Management, Tendering & Supplier Selection training course, participants will:
- Understand the key role of purchasing management as a strategic management tool.
- Become a more efficient and productive buyer through applying the techniques of purchasing management.
- Improve the services provided by suppliers through more effective negotiations and planning
- Understand the ethical/legal aspects of purchasing and its possible liabilities.
- Find out how to select and qualify suppliers.
- Understand best practices in supplier relations, planning and specifying procurement process, and supplier performance.
- Know how to evaluate the proposals using price analysis and/or cost analysis.
LEARNING OBJECTIVESBy the end of the Effective Communication Skills training course, participants will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the principles underlying perception of human behavior
- Compare one-way versus two-way communication and analyze the verbal and non-verbal language of the communication process
- Identify personal listening styles and different approaches to improve listening
- Understand, via role-play, different personality types and identify effective ways to deal with others
- Use non-verbal communication techniques to developing shared meaning
TARGET AUDIENCEThe Purchasing Management, Tendering & Supplier Selection training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Purchasing professionals
- Professionals involved in defining the specification and evaluating supplier performance
- Professionals involved in preparing and analyzing bids
- Professionals with an involvement in supplier relationships
- Professionals whose role involves negotiation with outside agencies
TRAINING METHODOLOGYThe Purchasing Management, Tendering & Supplier Selection training course will be presented using a combination of interactive presentations, case studies, participant activities and exercises to maximize the impact of the learning experience. Delegates will have ample time to consider the ideas and apply the skills discussed. The seminar will cover both practical and theoretical aspects of purchasing.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
- Introduction to Purchasing and its contribution to the organization
- What is the purpose of a business
- Dealing with the problem of being a “go-between“
- Purchasing process and cycle of procurement
- Positioning purchasing within the company
- Vision, Mission, and Value of Purchasing
- Purchasing Structure
- Where to find performance improvement
- How to reach the internal customer
- Developing Purchase agreements
- Importance of being involved in creating the specification
- Supplier selection methodology
- Criteria for pre-qualifying suppliers
- Integrating the supplier selection process
- Positioning your need and you value against the market
- The role of ISO 9000
- Conditioning the supplier to meet your requirement
- The total cost approach to purchasing
- Analysing Cost
- Analysing Value
- Hidden costs
- Life cycle costing
- Using Price indices
- Performance evaluation
- Process needs
- Types of tender
- Electronic commerce / E-Auctions
- Evaluating a bid objectively
- Terms and Conditions of contract
- Standard contract clauses
- Methods of Payment
- Expediting the agreement
- What if the contract fails to deliver – legal issues
- Defining negotiation
- Obstacles to effective negotiation
- Different styles of negotiation
- The tools of the process
- Phases of a negotiation
- What to do and what not to do
- Focus on four key areas of world-class performance
- Evaluating performance gaps
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them