* Click on column header for sort them
Online - Virtual ,
13 - Oct - 2021
2 Hrs X 8 Sessions
Dubai - UAE ,
21 - Nov - 2021
5 - Day
The decision to invest in new capital projects starts with critical decisions during the conceptual phase of new projects or the expansion of existing operations. The decision-making tools used to analyze project risk under conditions of uncertainty will help companies to determine the probability of success or loss and will drive the decision to invest in the new venture.
Of paramount importance, therefore, is the systematic and comprehensive evaluation of potential investments, and the development of detailed cash-flow analyses to determine as accurately as possible, the expected returns to the organization under varying conditions of uncertainty over the expected productive life of the project.
The important features of the Professional Project Analysis: Managing Risk & Uncertainty training course are:
- Apply sound project appraisal and quantification techniques to forecast and control potential future risk conditions that might jeopardize project success
- Focus on achieving the organization’s overall strategic objectives by applying the techniques of decision analysis and economic evaluation
- Understand the techniques used for advanced risk quantification and the development of risk mitigation strategies that will ensure or improve the financial feasibility of the project
- Understand the implications of the time value of money on the financial projections of the project
- Understand and apply the fundamental principles of financial engineerings, such as Net Present Value, Cost of Capital and Internal Rate of Return
- Evaluate and compare alternative project solutions with different time horizons
- Determine and continuously monitor project success and feasibility
By attending the Professional Project Analysis: Managing Risk & Uncertainty training course, delegates will learn how to:
- Use qualitative and quantitative methods to assess the exposure of the project to particular risks in real and measurable terms
- Perform a detailed financial appraisal of potential capital projects to ensure consistent and reliable decision-making processes
- Understand and apply the principles and methods of modern economic engineering
- Apply the fundamentals of discounted cash flow analysis to project evaluations
- Determine the Internal Required Rate of Return of the project as the basis for sensitivity analyses to establish the risk exposure to the organization
- Apply the concept of Expected Monetary Value to compare various alternatives
This unique training course will significantly enhance the skills and knowledge of delegates. It will improve their ability to quantify risks in order to ensure a more consistent decision-making process, thereby producing vastly better results in economic projections.
The Professional Project Analysis: Managing Risk & Uncertainty training course is designed for:
- Project Team Leaders
- Risk Management Team Leaders
- Production Engineers
- Cost Engineers
- Financial Staff
It is also beneficial to all those responsible for or involved in project appraisal and planning, risk analysis, financial decision-making, project execution and ongoing business operations.
Delegates will develop advanced skills required to manage risk & uncertainty, in addition to mastering important financial analysis and cash flow management skills through formal and interactive learning methods.
The course includes individual exercises, team projects, applicable case studies, group discussions and video material that will bring to life the skills acquired throughout the course.
No prior knowledge of the topics covered in the course is required. New concepts and tools are introduced gradually to enable delegates to progress from the fundamental to the advanced concepts.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
Module 1 - Fundamentals of Decision Analysis & Engineering Economics
Module 2 - Rate of Return (IRR), Cost of Capital and Cost-Benefit Analysis
Module 3 - Financial Project Risk Analysis
Module 4 - Risk Scenario Planning - Case Study & Application
Module 5 - Cash-Flow Modelling and Project Decision Analysis
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them