* Click on column header for sort them
Online - Virtual ,
25 - Jul - 2022
2 Hrs X 8 Sessions
Dubai - UAE ,
14 - Nov - 2022
5 - Day
In most industrial situations, there is a need to measure and control some aspect of a process. Engineers or Technicians are relied on to solve the measurement and control problem. Therefore, a fundamental understanding of the principle of operation of a range of sensors/transducers and instrumentation techniques applicable in an industrial situation combined with an understanding and knowledge of process control techniques and tuning methods equips the Engineer or Technician with the necessary skills and makes them invaluable in their workplace.
In this practical Process Measurement, Instrumentation & Control training course, delegates will investigate the operating principles and concepts of instrumentation and measurement systems and will acquire the knowledge relating to the characteristics and properties of the variables being measured. Moreover, the delegate will gain an understanding of the process control systems and methods used in a modern industrial system.
Theoretical studies are supplemented with practical activities using software applications like matlab/Simulink and Excel ® sheet for calculation and process modeling/simulation so participants will gain a better idea of the concepts being learned.
By attending this highly interactive Process Measurement, Instrumentation & Control training course, delegates will:
- Consider what the basic process control looks like
- Compare between two process control systems with respect to immunity to disturbance, stability, response, steady-state errors.
- Identify the practical steps necessary to build successful process control systems
- Review and understand existing process control systems from its PID diagrams
- Troubleshoot process control systems when it they do not function as required
- Being able to carry out fault Tree analysis and FMECA studies
The Process Measurement, Instrumentation & Control training course is designed for all professionals involved in the Process industry who require an appreciation and understanding of the techniques used in Process Measurement and Control, including:
- Chemical Engineers and Technicians
- Instrumentation Technicians
- Instrument and Process Control Technicians
- Maintenance Engineers
- Process Technicians
- Production Professionals
This practical and results-oriented Process Measurement, Instrumentation & Control training course is based on adult learning concept. It incorporates short inspiring lectures with structured lessons from the learning manual; captivating PowerPoint slides with videos to enhance learning; ongoing discussions with action planning; ample time for Q&A; training activities to reinforce key concepts within a fun learning environment.
Approximately a third of the total time will be devoted to practical activities. Delegates will acquire the skills to design their own instrumentation system using relevant software and acquire the skills to ‘tune’ a process control system.
The Process Measurement, Instrumentation & Control is hands-on. Therefore, participants need to bring their own laptop for practical exercises, and are expected to be familiar with Excel ® and working with numerical data on computer. Software familiarity is not required.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
Module 1 -Introduction to Process Control
- Why process control?
- Why is it important?
- The Process Control elements
- Sensors and Actuators
- Practical Session 1: Excel Sheet
- Analog and Digital Signals
- Stability, steady state errors, response time concepts
- Types of controllers
- Practical Session 2: Simulink
Module 2 - Measurement of Process Physical Quantities/ Variables
- Measuring quantities direct and indirect
- Sensor fundamental attributes
- Temperature and its measurement devices
- Pressure and its measurement devices
- Practical Session 3: Excel sheet
- Flow and its measurement devices
- Level and its measurement devices
- Process analyzers
- Valves and other actuators
- Practical Session 4: Excel Sheet
Module 3 -Control Loops and Algorithms
- Open loop control systems
- Closed loop control systems
- PID controllers
- Practical Session 5: Simulink
- Cascade control systems loops
- Feedforward control
- Ratio Control Loops
- Practical Session 6: Simulink
Module 4 - Tuning PID Controllers
- P action control and its advantage
- I action to control and its advantage
- D action control and its advantage
- Practical Session 7: Simulink
- Common methods for tuning PID controller
- Modeling and simulation of process control
- Practical Session 8: Excel Sheet
Module 5 - Troubleshoot Process Control Systems
- Identifying faults that could happen within the Process control system
- Carrying out Fault Tree Analysis
- Practical Session 9: Excel Sheet
- Abnormal Situation Management in Process Control
- Operator response and Alarm Management
- Failure modes and carrying out FMECA analysis
- Practical Session 10: Excel Sheet
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them