* Click on column header for sort them
Online - Virtual ,
10 - Oct - 2022
2 Hrs X 8 Sessions
London - UK ,
14 - Nov - 2022
5 - Day
Dubai - UAE ,
05 - Dec - 2022
5 - Day
The use of public-private partnerships (PPPs) is a growing international trend. By far the fastest-growing arena today for the use of PPPs is urban economic development. Cities are rapidly applying the experiences with PPPs learned over the last few decades – experiences on how to most effectively combine the strengths and resources of both the public and private sectors using 10 principles for successful public-private partnerships & alliances.
Managing Public-Private Partnerships & Alliances training course is intended to provide participants with exposure to the world of collaborative strategies, joint venture, public-private partnerships and alliances. Significant refinements in the PPP process resulted from experiences all of which are included in this course. Although PPPs can be more difficult to execute than other types of procurement, the reward can be worth the extra effort. As the case studies included in this course indicate, in many instances, PPPs make possible the completion of projects that would be impossible using more traditional methods of economic development.
The important features of the Managing Public-Private Partnerships & Alliances training course are:
- The significance of continued public sector leadership
- Public sector’s ongoing monitoring and nurturing of the partnership
- Clear and open process necessary for the selection of the private partner
- Building collaborative relationship between private and public sectors
Attendance to the Managing Public-Private Partnerships & Alliances training course will enable the participants to:
- Provide exposure to the world of collaborative strategies, joint venture, business networks, public-private partnerships and alliances
- Acquire competitive advantage through business networks, strategic alliances, and partnerships
- Develop frameworks for building collaborative decision making
- Gain insights into the successful design and implementation of business partnerships
- Complement management skills with advanced collaborative techniques
- Build cultural awareness of how to overcome barriers to collaboration
- Assess the risks and benefits of strategic alliances and learn how to manage them successfully – from partner selection, through execution and evaluation of outcome
Managing Public-Private Partnerships & Alliances training course is designed for professionals in all areas of operations who seek to upgrade their collaborative skills and learn how to manage long-term public-private partnerships, strategic alliance and joint ventures.
It is also beneficial to those who are responsible for initiating and managing collaborative activities, collaborative performance, strategic planning, implementation or evaluation of strategic alliance, responsible for open innovation tasks, or designing open innovation ecosystems.
Managing Public-Private Partnerships & Alliances training course is designed as an intensive training, and knowledge sharing exercise, where group work facilitates learning. Through a set of lectures and practical exercises, delegates will be introduced to the advanced knowledge on public-private partnerships and strategic alliances, and to lead examples of successfully managed collaborations.
Participants will learn through active participation, discussions, video materials. Practical cases and examples illustrate the variety of current practices and build alliance management capabilities for individual delegates.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
Module 1 - Introducing the 10 Success PPPs & Alliances Principles
- The 10 principles of the strategic alliance life cycle
- Win-win motives for collaboration and prepare Properly for Public/Private Partnerships
- Selecting partners and creating shared vision in the business relationships
- How to measure compatibility and partner fit
- Joint ventures, supplier networks, strategic alliances and public-private partnerships – getting agreement to work together with insight and understanding
Module 2 - Structuring Collaborative Work
- Types of strategic alliances and partnerships
- Understanding your partners and key players
- Cross-border management structures
- Creating cross-border virtual teams
- Motivating and brokerage for collaboration
- Discover a joint perspective and partner differences
- Collaborative strategies, execution, and implementation
Module 3 - Managing Shared Resources and Value Co-Creation
- Distinguishing between bi-lateral and multi-lateral collaborations
- Managing complex relationships and risks/rewards involved
- All parties do their homework and sharing resources and optimization of outcomes
- Upstream and downstream value co-creation
- Negotiating and managing contingencies
- Coordination and control in collaborative settings
- Contracts, renewals, trust and lock-in effects
- Communication and interfaces between partners
Module 4 - Designing Open Innovation Platforms
- Facilitating networking and rational decision making
- Securing consistent and coordinated leadership
- Implementing an agreed communication ‘early and often’ process
- Public-private partnerships and multi-stakeholder negotiation ‘fair deal’ engagement
- Open access and open innovation – procedures and practices for shared access
- Regulation and governance of platforms for shared resources
Module 5 - Performance Evaluation and Learning from Strategic Alliance Partners
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them