* Click on column header for sort them
Johannesburg - South Africa ,
04 - Oct - 2021
5 - Day
The concept of the lean organisation leading to its optimisation is a quantum leap in the advancement of efficiency. It all started from the 1991 book “The Machine That Changed The World” by Jim Womack, Daniel Jones and Daniel Roos, and suddenly every organisation wants to be a Toyota. Lean is the systematic elimination of waste. As the name implies, lean is focused on cutting “fat” from production activities. It has also been successfully applied to administrative and engineering activities as well. Lean results include the better utilization of resources which are in alignment with organisational vision and objectives, hence leading to better cost management and enhanced competitiveness.
The important features of Lean Six Sigma training course are:
- Every organisation, not just manufacturing, can become Toyota-like efficiency
- Breakthrough understanding of wastes and quality
- Practical tools and techniques to be as lean as possible
- Your mindset change on becoming “lean” will help you forever
- Enhancing products as well as service quality improvement activities
Participants on the Lean Six Sigma training course will be able to:
- Understand the concepts and implementation of Lean Organization
- Have a working knowledge of Lean and Continuous Improvement
- Enhance awareness of wastes reduction and to do something about it
- Understand Cycle time/Takt time and Line balancing to reduce waste
- Gain insights on SMED and how to reduce waste
- Comprehend different flexible production approaches
- Reduce time, cost, waste and quality problems
PROMISE Lean Six Sigma training course targets all levels of personnel and those who wish to improve their understanding and skills concerning the application of lean management
Lean Six Sigma practical and results-oriented program is based on adult learning concept. The facilitator will give plenty of input and then help participants to make sense of the themes through discussion and practice. It incorporates short inspiring demonstrations, case studies, role play and much practice to enhance learning. There will be ample time for Q&A, discussions with ‘return to work’ action planning. The course will reinforce key concepts within an inspiring and engaging learning environment.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training and measure the skill and ability of participants.
Module 1 - What is Lean and Lean Management?
Module 2 - Understanding Value Add and Waste
Module 3 - Key Tool for Waste Reduction
Module 4 - What is “Single Minute Exchange of Dies” or SMED and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)