* Click on column header for sort them
Online - Virtual ,
09 - Aug - 2021
2 Hrs X 8 Sessions
Dubai - UAE ,
24 - Oct - 2021
5 - Day
In today’s complex global business environment, having a transparent view of information and a coordinated approach to the governance, management and assurance of performance, risk and compliance is critical to success. Organisations that understand and apply the principles of integrated governance, risk management and compliance (GRC), in both processes and technology, have a real competitive advantage.
The objective of this seminar is to provide attendees with the knowledge necessary to effectively design and enhance integrated GRC activities across the organisation based on established GRC standards from OECG.
This training course enables participants to effectively design and enhances GRC activities within an organisation based on established, internationally recognised GRC standards, and effectively audit the GRC capability.
By the end of the Governance, Risk Management and Compliance course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the core concepts related to governance, risk management and compliance (GRC)
- Understand the key roles necessary to create an integrated GRC capability at your organisation (e.g. audit, legal, human resources, IT, compliance, risk management, ethics, the boards, etc…).
- Learn the necessary components to help your organisation become a Principled Performer – reliably achieve objectives while addressing uncertainty and acting with integrity
- Motivate and inspire desired conduct through the concept of Principled Performance
- How to develop and implement a GRC strategic plan
- Align risk and compliance in the context of your organisation
- Understand, define, and enhance organisational culture as it relates to performance, risk, and compliance Implement GRC processes that are effective and efficient
- Learn how to assure the GRC activities by using a risk-based audit approach
This PROMISE Governance, Risk Management and Compliance course suitable for a wide range of professionals include:
- Internal auditors
- Compliance and Governance professionals
- Risk management professionals
- GRC professionals
- Legal professionals
- IT professionals dealing with GRC
- Managers responsible for GRC activities
- Executives and board members
This practical and results orientated training course is based on the adult learning concept. The course incorporates short inspiring lectures, with practical examples and workshop case studies for delegates to apply the principles to their organisation. The Instructor also uses tools and aids such as Powerpoint Slides and course documentation on the topics and application, and ample time for Q & A. All of the training activities, interaction and workshop case studies will be implemented within a friendly and enthusiastic environment where the client’s needs come first.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training and measure the skill and ability of participants.
Module 1 - Compliance & Regulatory Environment
- An overview of the regulatory environment
- The objectives of financial services regulation
- Major trends in the global regulatory environment
- Key regulations that impact (transnational) finance institutions
- Key characteristics of the more recently announced holistic regulatory changes and the new legislature
- International Regulation
- The role of the regulators
- What do the Regulators expect?
- Your jurisdiction environment
- The difference between a best practice and a regulatory obligation
Module 2 - Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Main types of risk classes that firms face and have to cope with
- Characteristics of the main risk classes
- Fundamental concepts of each of the risk classes
- Understanding a Risk-Management Approach
- The impact on the business – positively and negatively – of creating a Risk-Management Approach
- The need for Internal Controls
- Understand how to identify, mitigate and control risks effectively
- Approaches to risk assessment
- Effective Management of Compliance Risks
Module 3 - Dealing With Financial Crimes
- Money Laundering Laws
- Preventing fraud
- Bribery and Corruption
- Market Abuse and Insider Dealing
- The risk-based approach to money laundering/terrorist financing
- Identifying high-risk indicators, understand what to do with the information and whom to escalate it to
- Banks and Financial Institutions required to file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
Module 4 - Corporate Governance
- National International environment for corporate governance
- Shareholders and Stakeholders
- Board of director’s responsibilities according to SAMA
- Audit Committee
- Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Sound Corporate Governance Practices in Banking
- The Role of Public Disclosure
- Supervisors and Transparency
- Case Study : GRC
Module 5 - GRC Strategic Approaches
- Overview of ‘governance’, ‘risk’ and ‘compliance’ (i.e., GRC)
- Principles and benefits associated with governance, risk and compliance
- GRC integrated approaches and their key enablers
- Role and Responsibilities of Board and Committees.
- Selective best practices
- Building an effective, holistic governance, risk and compliance model across an organization
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them