* Click on column header for sort them
Dubai - UAE ,
12 - Dec - 2022
5 - Day
This intensive and combined training course focuses on the central areas of Mechanical Engineering and guides the delegates in developing both fundamental and practical understandings of key issues. Process engineering is at the heart of much of the chemical, oil, gas, and petrochemical industries.
Mechanical engineers are interested in the safe containment, transportation and transformation of solids, liquids and gases. Of specific importance are separation processes including distillation, heat transfer, hydraulics and fluid flow, reaction engineering, process control and economics. It also focuses on sound mechanical engineering principles, together with other engineering techniques including inspection, monitoring and condition evaluation, that enable mechanical engineers to design and maintain the equipment required by process engineers.
- Practical introduction to the fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering, Equipment and Materials
- Key areas applicable to major process industries especially oil, gas & petrochemical
- Mechanical Engineering influence on Safety and Risk, Failure Modes and Maintenance
- The links between the two engineering disciplines
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Apply practical understanding of central issues in mechanical engineering in oil, gas, petrochemical, chemical, and allied facilities
- Apply practical understanding to static & rotating mechanical equipment & related condition mentoring & inspection techniques.
- Understand mechanical testing methods, Failure Mechanisms & Fitness for Service, NDT & principles of corrosion & corrosion protection.
- Perform relevant calculations & analyses to assist in operation, sizing, & troubleshooting of chemical processes & mechanical equipment.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit technical and non-technical personnel in the chemical, petrochemical, oil and process and mechanical industries with a need to understand and discuss fundamental mechanical engineering:
- Petroleum Engineers
- Maintenance & Production Engineers
- R&D Chemists, Plant Chemists
- Economists & Business Managers
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes formal lectures and discussions, active participation through the use of problem-solving exercises, videos, group discussions, analysis of real-life case studies, and industry best practices. Case studies and examples will cover a range of levels, making the course also suitable non-technical Staff.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
Day 1: Introduction & Fundamentals of Materials Selection, Types & Failures
- Engineering Material Properties and Selection
- Materials Testing
- Types of Metals
- Static Strength and Fitness For Service
- Materials Failure Mechanisms
- Mechanical Design, Standards and Codes
Day 2: Static Equipment, Valves, Piping & Fitness for Service
- Valves Types and Characteristics
- Valve Selection
- Valve Actuators
- Piping Systems and Pipe Supports
- Overview of API 570 – Inspection & repair of Pipelines & Piping
- Fitness for Service, API 579 overview
Day 3: Rotating Equipment, Pumps & Compressors
- Pump Types, Positive Displacement and Dynamic
- Pump curves
- Pump Selection
- Types of Compressors
- Compressor Performance Curves
Day 4: Corrosion & Corrosion Protection
- Corrosion Fundamentals
- Types of Corrosion
- Corrosion Inspection and Monitoring
- Corrosion Minimization
- Corrosion Protection
Day 5: Mechanical Maintenance
- Strategies & Philosophies
- Code and Standards
- Condition Monitoring
- Non Destructive Inspection techniques
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them