We introduce participants to the topic and explain how to work with changes and overcome setbacks at work.
- Introductions and personal objectives
- Understand what resilience is
- Think about how to build on your current strategies
- Practice a simple mindfulness exercise to create a breathing space in your day
- Understand different ways of influencing yourself and appreciate your perspectives and set personal goals
- The three phases of resilience:
- Coping – taking actions during the unexpected event
- Adaption – after the unexpected event; reactive action
- Anticipation – before the unexpected event; proactive action
This course is based on the principles developed of effective wellbeing and the competence of resilience by leading exponents in this field. Delegates will learn what personal wellbeing and resilience is and how to develop “proactive muscles” and act with initiative.
Resilience is the secret weapon that can help us overcome challenges, manage change and bounce back when we get knocked down. Life will inevitably throw curveballs at us but it’s how we react to them that matters most. This course explains how to build wellbeing and resilience so we can navigate the complex and uncertain world we live in today. Participants will learn how to build up vital skills and develop the critical factors which make employees more resilient and help them handle adversity better.
In a workplace scenario we come up against countless challenges, many of which can leave us feeling stressed, overwhelmed or exhausted. Workloads and practices have changed and more is expected of us than ever before. Juggling that with family life can add to what seems an impossible challenge. But there is a way to strengthen our resolve and even enjoy the trials that life throws at us.