* Click on column header for sort them
Dubai - UAE ,
06 - Nov - 2023
5 - Day
The integrity of the piping system depends upon the considerations and principles used for designing, constructing, inspecting and maintaining the system. Compliance with ANSI/API code requirements for design and construction is needed to assure the safety of petroleum refinery and chemical plant piping. Achieving this desired safety depends on the comprehension and application of these standards by the designer, fabricator, supplier, erector, examiner, and inspector.
This ASME Process Piping, Valve, Flanges course is designed to give the participants a thorough understanding of Process Piping Code, ASME B 31.3. Flange code ASME B 16.5, Valve standard ASME B 16.34, and it will cover Piping layout Engineering. It will help candidates learn the ASME Specification and have to use it. You will understand how to specify and select valves, flanges, pipes, and the use of P&IDs. This course will also provide a background of ANSI / ASME / API code guidance on design, selection of materials, fabrication, testing, and practical methods and trends in piping design and construction. Course deals with the various P & IDs, Equipment Plot Plans, Piping Arrangements, and Fabrication Drawings. This will include pipe sizing, piping specifications, and isometrics, including valves and fittings, piping hangers, and supports.
Attendance in the ASME Process Piping, Valve, Flanges training course will enable participants:
- To familiarize participants with the main concepts of ASME B 31.3 code.
- To know how to read the code and interpret its stated and implied requirements.
- To provide participants step-by-step approach to piping design, including the design optimization techniques.
- To introduce participants to various material selection, fabrication, erection, and testing of piping systems.
- When, where, and how to conduct NDT of piping and the acceptance Criteria.
- To provide participants with the does and don’ts, and good engineering practices of valve installation and operation.
- To explain to participants the good engineering practices in preventive and brake down maintenance of valves
- To understand the basic concepts in Piping Design, P & IDs, Pipe sizing, Piping layouts, and Isometrics.
- To Understand Plant layout, plan, and design piping systems in a safe, dependable, and cost-effective manner.
- Writing the piping, Flanges, fitting, and valves Specifications
This course is designed for engineers entering the piping design and fabrication; piping engineers requiring a background in code compliance, piping fabricators, and supervisory personnel requiring a review of current design and fabrication techniques and procedures.
ASME Process Piping, Valve, Flanges training course will utilize a variety of proven learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, and retention of the information presented. This includes a lecture with active delegate participation, discussions, real-life problems, and case studies. Through active participation in group work and class discussions, the delegates will get a lot of opportunities to increase their experience and knowledge.
Pre & Post course assessments will be used to measure the effectiveness of this training.
Module 1 - Pipe code History and Basic Philosophy
- Instruction on Piping
- Piping codes and standards
- Scope of B 31.3
- Diagram Illustrating Application of B31.3 Piping at Equipment Design
- Thermal expansion and contraction effects
- Piping Guide for Design and Drafting of Piping Systems.
- Piping Uses and Construction.
- Pipe, Fittings, Flanges, Reinforcements: In-Line Equipment and Support Equipment.
- Valves, Pumps, compressors, and Types of Process Equipment.
- Drafting: Process and Piping Drawings, including Drawing Symbols, Showing Dimensions, Showing Instrumentation, and Bills of Material.
- Design of Piping Systems, Including Arrangement, Supporting, Insulation, Heating, Venting and Draining of Piping, Vessels and Equipment.
Module 2 - Piping Design Overview
- Pressure Design of piping components
- Thermal Insulation of Piping
- Piping Supports
- Piping Systems Fabrication and Installation of Piping
- Types of flanges and classes
- Standards and Codes: for Piping Systems, Pipe Supports, Flanges, Gaskets, Fittings, Valves, Traps, Pumps, Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Symbols, and Screw threads.
- Abbreviations: for Piping Drawings and Industrial Chemicals.
- Piping Charts & Tables.
- Pressure-Temperature Ratings.
- Pipe Sizing, Basic Stress Quantities, Piping Flexibility and
- Pipe Sizing and Code Equations.
- Basic Stress Quantities
- Determination of Pipe Wall Thickness
- Piping Flexibility, Quick Check Method, and Need for Formal Stress Analysis.
- Piping Specifications
Module 3 - Codes and Standards of Piping, Flanges, and Failure Analysis
Module 4 - Valves Overview and Operations
Overview of Valves
- Valves Terminology
- Components of valves
- Valve classifications
- Types of valves and their functions
- Purpose, function, and application
- Important features of Gate valves and Globe Valves
- Valve pipe connections
- Variations on common valves
- Special valves
- Cryogenic Valves
- Valve Safety & Troubleshooting
Pressure Relief Valves
- Types of PR and Operation
- Valves selection & Specification Requirement
- References for codes and standards
- Inspection, Testing, and Repair of Relief Valves
- Procedure for calibration of PRVs
- Identification of valves
- Noting operating conditions
- Valve removed from the system
- Inspection of deposits in valves
- Determination of as-received relieving Pressure
- Dismantling, servicing, repairing, and re-assembling of valves
- Setting the valve to the required pop pressure
Module 5 - Testing and Quality Control
- Hydrostatic testing of the piping system
- Pneumatic testing of piping
- Manufacturing System & Quality Control Program.
- Common Welding Processes.
- Jointing Methods.
- Filler Metals.
- Piping Isometrics & Piping Spools.
- WPS’s & PQR’s.
You may also be Interested in...
* Click on column header for sort them